Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netscape 4.7 & Win 200 Problems!!!

• 11-08-2001 3:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭

I made a guest login for windows 2000 and for some reason netscape wont let me keep bookmarks from the guest login. Whenever I try to import my bookmarks windows sais it cannot access the file.

Even creating new bookmarks as a guest doesnt work because next time I boot up they are gone. In administrator login all my bookmarks work fine, what is up? Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Sounds to me like the permissions, ahm, maybe the guest user can create the bookmarks, but not SAVE them when netscape exits, and it just never tells you.

You're probably running netscape from the same location administrator is running it from, and they're sharing the bookmarks file, or, only admin has read/write access to it.

I don't know really, without being there fiddling with it. Play about with the permissions, and answer me this: Netscape 4.7? in my experience, it's a god-awful piece of software... IE is better, and Opera (www.opera.com smile.gif) is great. Just a suggestion, you're obviously happy using netscape...

(look of utter confusion and bewilderment)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Heh, ah fair enough. If I may be so bold, Opera has a lovely mail client too. smile.gif

Ah g'wan, it's only 2mb, you know you want to.

(www.opera.com)

smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Thanks m8, you were right. I checked the file properties and only admins had access to it. I changed it and it now works!

As for the reason I use Netscape 4.7? Its got a nice mail client :-)

Advertisement