Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Holding onto Sky After 12 months

• 14-06-2002 11:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

In view of recent developments regarding Big Brother Interactive and
    BBC World Cup Interactive in the South and the fact that we are being
    treated as second class citizens with regard to available channels, I want
    to ask Irish Sky Subscribers will they hold onto their subscription after the
    12 months if they had an FTV card.

When My 12 months are up 31 votes

I will keep Sky even though I have an FTV card.
    0% 0 votes
    I will keep Sky because I don\'t have an FTV card
    32% 10 votes
    I will dump Sky and use the FTV card instead.
    51% 16 votes
    I will use Chorus/NTL
    16% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

not sure if I can post here> The poll speaks fo itself, nice one!

Yes I DID DUMP SKY of course..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

I don't know whether to take Big Willy's thread with a pinch of salt but check it out anyway. If it's true, It is a serious development.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54865

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i'm still waiting on my FTV Card :mad: but there is no way would i give up Sky World and watch a few extra channels from the BBC instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I am still waiting for my FTV card. But its on the way. he needs £8 more for it. I be glad to pay due the ongoing BBC World Cup interactive scandal.

i'm still waiting on my FTV Card but there is no way would i give up Sky World and watch a few extra channels from the BBC instead
    A few extra channels:confused:
    Those channels are
    BBC1
    BBC2
    BBC Interactive
    ITV
    C4
    C5
    BBC CHOICE
    BBC FOUR
    BBC News 24
    BBC Parlament
    S4C
    CBBC and
    CBeebies
    All BBC Radio Stations incl R5 LIve .

Now I'm not an expert in TV quality, but the above extra channels compare very favourably to at least the Family Package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

I have voted for keeping Sky/don't have an FTV card. But lack of FTV card is not the main reason. I need Sky for soccer coverage and have paid for my Premiership plus season ticket.

BBC1 - have it
    BBC2 - have it
    BBC Interactive - have it minus World Cup
    ITV - have it
    C4 - have it
    C5 - don't have it
    BBC CHOICE - don't have it
    BBC FOUR - don't have it
    BBC News 24 - BBC World will do for the moment
    BBC Parlament - have it
    S4C - have the analogue version
    CBBC - don't have it/have no interest
    CBeebies - don't have it/have no interest
    All BBC Radio Stations incl R5 LIve - have them although 5 Live can be dodgy on MW

i'm not doing too bad without the FTV card but i am looking forward to my card

Ok Mossy you have a point.
    But based in the Limerick region, I can't pick up 'gratituously' the terrestrial UK channels namely UTV, Channel 4 and Channel 5.
    Also my MW signal of 5 Live is fairly poor here.
    These facts, together with the fact that World Cup Interactive,
    BBC Choice and BBC 4 are available make the FTV card at least as
    essential for me as the Sky Family pack.

fair point but i wasn't referring to the extra channels as a load of ****e because i wouldn't mind having them

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭redzer007

it should also be remembered that some people do not have terrestrial TV and therefor the sky sub includes all irish chanels, plus E4 and sky ONE the others I can mostly do without, so If I could get those without a Sky sub, Id dump 'em in a heart beat, I already cancelled my Sky Movies (replaced with Film Four) and Sky Sports untill the Footy season starts again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement