Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to really clean a ball mouse........

• 11-08-2001 5:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

I am stuck witha skipping, b0lloxed gunged-up mouse and i need to clean it a bit.
    is there any home stuff I can use? baking-soda solutions, ethel alcohol, toilet Duck????
    I'm too cheap to buy a mouse cleaning kit and too poor to buy an optical mouse too, besides, they're suposed to be slow for games, slight lag. <?>

Beware the power of a well trained mob - PH33R D4 M0B!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Get some methylated spirits, available from any good hardware shop or pharmacist. Open the mouse up, and use cotton buds (the yokes you ram in your ear) soaked in meths to clean the rollers. Clean the ball itself with a tissue and meths.

Upside of all this being the meths you don't use to clean can be drunk (warning: only winoes do this, it will probably kill you, dont do it)

Rob.

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Ordinary soap and water and a dish cloth does the trick as well. Just make sure you do the obivious and actually take the ball out of the mouse first and dry it completly b4 putting it back in. (fyi incase you're american biggrin.gif)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Am Robbo, I leached a load of Smashing pumkins Mp3s during the lan, and they won't play.
    I also installed that radium mp3 codec from Ian's pc, and i thinkthat made a b0llox of it...not sure though.
    blasted codecs.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

I normally use the nearest thing that comes to hand to pick out all shiot from the rollers and just wipe the ball on me trouser (or pants if im just up hung over) does the trick for me and i play a lot of CS so need good mouse. NICE SIMPLE (hmm me or my suggestion? both realy!!) biggrin.gif

Me that is me and me that is I thats not u but me which means I and me alone which is him kinda cuz its my realy from ur point of veiw ie me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

STEP 1 :Dump mouse in the bucket of ACID.

STEP 2 :Buy optical mouse.

job done

Ashley Lyn

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

[This message has been edited by chernobyl (edited 11-08-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Step 1: Buy Boomslang 2000
    Step 2: Get drunk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chernobyl:
    STEP 1 biggrin.gifump mouse in the bucket of ACID.

STEP 2 :Buy optical mouse.

</font>

damn, I was gonna say that smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I had this Genius netmouse Pro, cheap bit of plastic, but it had the perfect scroll solution, a kind of paddle thing, especially for games it was great, very accurate, very quick.
    It also had a third mouse buton, but it made an annoying loud <click!> sound and it was at an uncomfortable angle on the side of the mouse.
    I find that if I try to pick the cr4p off the rollers the mouse is much moreprone to skipping and sticking, really annoying or sniping with the mp5 in CS (i'm not an AWP heure). Its caused by me missing small little bits of crap on the mouse.

That mouse is scuppered now I think, I may (or may not) have accidentally slightly 'bent' the X-axis roller whilst trying ot remove it to clean it more thoroughly... *ahem*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sico:
    Step 1: Buy Boomslang 2000
    Step 2: Get drunk
    </font>

like you'll have any money left to buy drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Kali, he could use the biscuit tin which holds the mouse, to mug some people and then buy drink.

• Advertisement
Advertisement