Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

my drivers licence is up

Options
  • 14-06-2002 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭

i just realised the other day that my drivers licence is up in two weeks , am how would i go about renewing it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Hmm do you not remember applying for it in the first place? You go to the tax office (motor tax) there is a section there... have phun.. i take it its a provisional? Or have you gone through 10 years on a full?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

I cant remember applying for it , I just remember going to the guards when i lost it , no its a provisional , i am only 18 , do i have to send somewhere for a form or something ? and please tell me it does`nt cost anything ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

i'm guessing its a provisonal licence, dont think it matters even if its a full licence but any way....

just fill out the same form you got the first time, pay the same price as last time, you dont need an eye test/medical certificate or have to do the theory test. just new photos and hand in your old licence with the form....

it couldnt be easier

ok , thanks for the help .

You will get the app form at the tax office or your local garda station. How much it costs i dont know, been a few years since i had a provisional and obviosly cost has changed.. probably more... i think it was about £50 when i got mine back in 1998 though

• Advertisement

oh sh*t , i am so dead , i got a new scooter and now i am broke , i thought it would be about 20 pound , oh man i need to work more , jesus thanks for warning me !

Sorry to scare you ... actually just remembered that was not the provisional, it was my passport that was about that... actually provisional will be even less than €20, more like about €15 i think... so you should be able to afford that!

aw thanks so much for that , thats not too bad , jesus you nearly had me giving up the drink and everything boy , phew that was a close one !

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

Dont tell him! It'll be one less scooter on MY roads!

I is a she NeRb666 , too late , i know now and you will suffer the wrath of my scooter! hahaha , where abouts YOUR roads situated then ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

"she"

nuff said

awhaw yeah .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭krinDar

A provisional license cost 15 euro and lasts for two years.

All you need is two photos (both signed), your last provisional, the money and the application
    form. If you don't want to leave home, you can
    request the provisional license application
    form from here:
    http://www.oasis.gov.ie/forms/form_request.html?form=D201

A general tip, you can find a *lot* of general information on www.oasis.gov.ie related to such
    things. There is more specific information availible, but it takes some more digging.

krinDar thats actually very helpful , thanks a million!

Advertisement