Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

netware client 32 remove please help

• 14-06-2002 5:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭

for the love of god...does anyone have that little tool they can email me for removing novell netware client 32 off of WINDOWS 98...i dont want to have to format this piece of crap laptop....

please please please

yankinlk@hotmail.com or provide a link to where it can be got...novell.com is a awful website...and windwos technet dont want to know about it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2909973.htm

There is currently no uninstall program for the Client 32 for DOS/Windows requester. If the Client 32 is installed on a workstation and the user desires to remove the client, the following workarounds may be used.

1. Reinstalling the NetWare DOS Requester (VLMs) from VLMKT1-VLMKT5 will allow the workstation to boot with the vlm client however it will not remove the Novell\Client32 subdirectory from the drive..

2. Removing the files manually from the drive where the requester was installed. Refer to the May 1996 appnote for a complete listing of what files are copied to specific subdirectories during the installation and what modifications are made to various files such as the autoexec.bat, config.sys, startnet.bat and Windows ini files.

KEYWORDS: DOSWIN, CLIENT 32

http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q188152

SYMPTOMS
    When you try to start your computer normally, you may be unable to do so.

CAUSE
    This behavior can occur if the Novell NetWare VLM client version 1.21 is installed on your computer. The Netware.drv file version 3.10.96.201 included with this client is not compatible with Windows 95/98.

RESOLUTION
    To resolve this issue, contact Novell to inquire about the availability of a fix for this issue.

MORE INFORMATION
    The third-party product discussed in this article is manufactured by a vendor independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

I HATE CATCH 22'S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Do you still have the Client CD/install?
    If so, try the following:

Go to:
    \PRODUCTS\WIN95\IBM_ENU\ADMIN
    and run UNC32.EXE, which is a Novell client uninstaller..
    (Win 9x only).

Hope this helps.. If you have any probs, let me know..

Cheers Crusty, that eventually worked. But I actually had to reinstall Netware to Uninstall it for some reason.

• Advertisement
Advertisement