Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seagate St2000 under w2k

• 14-06-2002 5:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭

26 months ago when i bought my pc from dell i was given a tape drive with it.
    A Seagate St2000.

i have recently upgraded from win98se to w2k.
    I went to update my drivers but it said on site that it w2k had all the necessary drivers included.

When i went to install it however w2k couldnt find it. It is however in the Bios.

I've no idea on how to go about fixing it. A google search didnt help much unfortunately.

Any one had similar problems/ advice on how to go about fixing it.
    Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Is it picked up in Deviec manager. If it is maybe it has an error. Also you could try removing it and then lettin windows pcik it up again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Originally posted by pcirl.com
    Also you could try removing it and then lettin windows pcik it up again.

do the above also go to the web site get the drivers or install program, and install it manually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

yer windows sees it in device manager.

there were no driver on the site for any w2k as it said that w2k had all necessary drivers already.

ill try removing it and putting it back in.

Cheers for input.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Did you try the NT driver?

If Dell supplied it 26 Months ago theres a good chance that there never was a win2k driver produced for the drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

yer i did try it
    didnt work unfortunately :/

• Advertisement
Advertisement