Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geforce 2 GTS

• 13-08-2001 3:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

I have a Geforce 2GTS and i have terible Darkness probs.
    In Counter Strike map Dust in the top tunell part of it i cant see anything but black.
    I cant make out any players.. t or ct.
    I tried knocking the brightness up but that makes it way toooo bright...
    It becomes to hard to see and the white terrorist camoflagues into the walls.

Are there any drivers that might fix this?
    It all worked fine with my VooDoo 3.
    Thnk god for that card.. It was soo cool...
    So can any 1 help me??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

When you mention increasing the brightness, do you mean the Gamma values for the video card itself, as opposed to the monitor? You can also adjust glare/brightness in CS-Video properties. Upping it on the monitor will yield the worst results.

If all else fails try and get hold of 3deep or a similar software colour manager, apparently they can help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

I tried all that.
    I even used NvMax to adjust the brightness.
    But then the bright is very bright u see..
    And where would i get that program of yours??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I have a GF256, and it runs grand with the Det3 6.50 drivers diab.
    never mind external programs, just set your brightness and contrast (on ur monitor ) to around 85% or there abouts.
    Then fiddle with the display properties until your windows desktop is nice and bright.
    then hop into CS and make sure your running it in OpenGl mode cos its beter for two reasons.
    1.It was developed by Silicon Graphics
    2.HL/CS is a DX6 game. Hardware T&L (transform and lighting) only came into DX in version 7 onwards, where as OpenGL will take advantage of it automatically. There for if you use OpenGl you wil get a much beter framerate in CS, or if your allready maxing out it ill be that more stable. also you need to have Vsync off and have the refresh of you monitor up as far as it will go. I get 99.9fps in CS with a refresh of 85Hz. Rock-fúcking-steady.
    There may be discrepincies between the gamma of OpenGL and Dx.
    It should work out eventually.

Advertisement