Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Engerland, Engerland, Engerland!

• 15-06-2002 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Ha, the Danes proberly thought they were the better team
    going into this one having seen off France but they were dire,
    England played well within themselves and indeed helped
    themselves to at least 2 of the goals. They did'nt look like conceeding either, and this dispite no Carragher or Gerrard
    and Beckham, Dyer and co still not fully fit. Makes you wonder a bit.

Bring on the Brazilians! (unless the Belgians beat them first)

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭CHRISTYG

Going OT- It seems that any year the England World Cup song is good, the team is crap- and vice versa!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That theory is nearly as silly as the one doing the rounds across the water, which goes that euro-zone teams are doomed and non-euro zone teams (ie Engerland) will do well.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭CHRISTYG

Mike, I KNOW it's silly, but that's the point!!! Shows that the oft-quoted Bill Shankly quote (which, by the way, I think he honestly believed-which is scary!) about football not being life and death, but a lot more serious than that is absolute rubbish!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

CHRISTYG I knew it was silly too!, maybe I should have used a ;)
    just to be sure that was understood.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

3-0 flatters them. They never really dominated, 2 of the goals were hideous defensive errors and 1 was an OG.

Owens & Heskeys were well taken though :]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Aye good finishes by the liverpool lads :) The danes were utter poo today. A terrible time to get stage fright etc etc. Oh and if anyone had to listen to the puppet that is Ian Wright on the bbc coverage, he makes gazza seem like a good pundit :eek:

Advertisement