Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Remium Rate SMS

• 15-06-2002 6:30pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

we are currently developing an application that will utilise premium rate SMS messages.

Does anyone know Which companies could provide us with a premium SMS shortcode, and what the revenue share (approx) would be.

We would also conisder applying for out own premium rate SMS shortcode if we knew where to start.

If anyone has any general experience in this area, I'd be interested in hearing your advice/stories/warnings.

Thanks

Graham

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Give the ODTR a ring and ask what's involved in the process. They're very helpful.

adam

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Thanks Adam will give them a try on Monday.

Cheers

Graham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Getting a short code from the ODTR is easy. Hooking it up is not.

Presently, you have to hook up your short code with each of the operators individually and each has their own differing price bands and revenue share models. I’d love to give details, but regrettably I’m under NDA with them on this.

However, as I said getting hooked up is the difficult thing. The short code is free, but hooking it up with all three operators will leave you with very little change of €10k, between fees, rents and bonds. Which probably explains the low take-up at present.

If you want to discuss it further, feel free to mail me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Give the ODTR a ring and ask what's involved in the process. They're very helpful.

adam

Adam, are you being serious or is there a BeecherSmilie™ missing from that post?

A :p perhaps?

Advertisement