Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XP Explorer Crash

• 15-06-2002 7:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭

Any time i try spawn another internet explorer window from inside the browser (holding shift click'n link, click on popup link) the second window open'd freeze's and won't display anything it all. Its getting very annoying, anyone know what could be causing this hand how to fix it?

thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

what ie version you on?

i take it its ie6 (one that came with xp)

try some of the xp updates on the windowsupdate page that are in any way associated with ie6, cant hurt

never heard of the problem before tho... :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

i'm on ie 6 alrite..........and they do nothing for it.....it just started happening one day....i've no clue why.......i think its time for a format and reinstall anyway...thanks anyhooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

well, dont go for a format just for that
    if you can, try downgrading to ie5 maybe but ie making an explorer crash, especially in xp, sounds dodgy. i recommend a reinstall instead of a format unless your due one or you want one, but reinstall should simply cure it...

Advertisement