Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mapping stuff

• 15-06-2002 7:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭

THis is for people with questions I hope top mappers can answer. I'll kick it off with how the hell swinging doors are created in quark???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭PyjamaMan

wrong place lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

aye try the game editing board

i personally have no experience with quark found it well not the niceist to use valve hammer editor is much better i know to do it on vhe you just make it a func door and do summit with the angle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

Moved to Game Editing.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Well I haven't personally used Quark, but Worldcraft uses an "Origin" to pinpoint the "Hindges" of the door.

If Quark is in any way remotely similar to Worldcraft, then you might want to keep an eye out for Origin Info. Lots of people here should help you out also when it comes to Quark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I'd ask Thrax hes good with Quark.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 NotsonewNewbie

www.qeradiant.com

As your using Quark, its pretty obvious that you are editing the likes of Half-life et mods, Quake 3 and other quake 3 engine games...

check the above link and when version 1.3 comes out, it is a must... it supports every quake 3 engine game out there, and will support half-life and cs...what more could you want?

In the download theres a manual, and whilst there is a lot to read, you should as you'll learn how to do curves, skyboxes and yes, doors :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I anticipate 1.3 very much :)

kdja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Sorry dude, since there are no hinged doors in Quake/Quake 3 I havn't a clue how to make them in QuArK. I don't make half-life maps y'see, I make quake maps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

jesus dod radio is really crap. sorry, buti'm listening to it as i type.
    ok, answer this one. how do i put a custom skybox in quark??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

For what game? In Quake u just download your custom skybox put it in the textures directory find it in the texture browser and use the skybox texture to make ur skybox.

In quke 3 i think its pretty similar but I cant remember and i dont have QuArK or any other editor installed on this machine (its my dads in Singapore) i'll be able to answer your question when i get home on the 18th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

half-life. it's ok i figurered it out:D

Advertisement