Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pc100 ram with a kt7a

• 14-08-2001 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

I am ordering a bunch of pc components I messed up my ram order with ocuk and am wondering if i can use a 256mb pc100 ram dimm i have temporarily ie (until my 2*Crucial PC133 256mb dimms arrive. So i only want to know if it will work i realise if it does it will drag the performance down quite a bit

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

It will work at 100Mhz for certain (unless it's broken).

If you have a 133Mhz chip, that's not unlocked, you're going to be in for a hell of a performance dip! wink.gif

Put simply, you're going to have to run your FSB at 100MHz.

I would be more intelligible, only I'm quite tired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

You will just have to set the board to 100mhz bus, and it will run ok. You could also try running the ram at 133, ram quality has improved so much that there is quite a lot of overhead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Thanks lads, I'll have a tbird 1.2 in her so i'll have to unlock the multiplier to keep it at the same clock speed or else i won't bother till i get my ram

lemmy see 1.2 = 133*9 and 1.2 = 100*12 erm i'l be lucky to get her to a gig with the sheety ram

Advertisement