Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Centre map

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

i like the idea of using the brit pack though, maybe i'm gettin into it too much. i should really put more the 5 minutes a day into this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

hey we should make a map of Eyre Square, eh Drake?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

so you're back then thrax? :D

you missed a great lan :(

dunno if the eyre square level would be do-able... r_speeds wise :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 manic1

some irish flags to go with your map
    follow the readme instructions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Great work. Its hard to see much with all that fog though :D
    We will have to make sure is put on all the PCs in .dNC :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

i wouldnt b expectin tat map anythime soon, rob is good but very lazy, im helpin him out but its gonna take a little longer than expected

Jimmy:p

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Hmmm - Eyre Square map - This, too, has been discussed before.
    It'd be funny trying to create it, and if we did screw the r_speeds - It'd be better off as a piece of Art Work rather than a CS / HL / TFC map...

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    i wouldnt b expectin tat map anythime soon, rob is good but very lazy, im helpin him out but its gonna take a little longer than expected

Jimmy:p

Thats because your pc will not run anything else, your running short on coal :D:D:D

Ai, tis true, i put in a request to the u.n court of basic human rights for a new pc, but they turned me down, bloody democrates:( :(:(:(

Humm. You should ask the government for a grant. It really should be put in a muesum along with my old 386. :D
    Its a danger to peoples health. It produces more carbon dioxide then the old 1970's cars!!!! ..

==== Back to subject =====

Are you gonna put trams onto the level? it would give something that would provide you with a good bit of cover.

• Advertisement

I should get a bloody grant!!
    and cheers to Manic1 for the Irish flags, they rule and really add to the map. i'll have a shot of the one flying from the roof of the GPO up in a few days, have to DO it first...
    and Jim post those generic buildings for all to enjoy.
    On a sad and final note, due to the grand scale of our fine city and the pitiful building space one's map editor allows, it is my sad duty to announce that this map will be a purely Northside affair, with the south quays being the only buildings to take part in this architechtural feast.
    see u all friday.
    And, if you're vry good, i just MIGHT do Eyre square, t'would most certainly be cool.....

Humm. You could use the south docks only as a spawn ground... If you had the allies or krauts spawning behind some truck or building on the south docks and cross the bridge.... i wanna cross the liffey :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 manic1

pictures
    check that site out its got some great o'connol street pics just after 1916 note all the battle damage

you just keep on given, don't ya manic.

and winters, i'm having enough trouble with complex luxuries like windows, so any feats of engineering like BLOODY TRAMS are more than a bit out of the question.

Hey Drake im still in Singapore on ADSL no less.

Drake make some Galway place that we'll all recognise and put a supermacs in it in case we get hungry at GL4.

Originally posted by robbb_mm
    and winters, i'm having enough trouble with complex luxuries like windows, so any feats of engineering like BLOODY TRAMS are more than a bit out of the question.

If i was any fecking good i would. The best at maps ive done is a room... it was the default room put there by quark :D

Ill keep you uptodate with research and ill find trams and **** through the web for you. Tell me what you need and ill try and find it for you. I also give moral support :D

I found trains here: http://www.sonic.net/%7Erain/half-life.html dont know if there are any trams there but ill keep searching!

I'm sure he knows how to make a tram in WC

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Im being rather serious here...
    I've seen it on the Counter-Strike Mapping forums on www.counter-strike.net and a few other places before...
    People were making maps as artwork as opposed to playable levels... Some of it was utter eye candy, considering they used WorldCraft mainly...

Also, I must comment on de_chateau... It may be small, but it's bloody gorgeous!

all your trams are belong to mcbain

• Advertisement

FINE!!! due to popular demand (Winters+thrax) i'll stick ur feckin tram in! but i'm not makin it move.
    I must say, it's awful having ur life run by the ignorant public

:eek:

I just put the idea forward :D ..... you didnt have to add it if you didnt want to :D

...........and i want real working tram conductors on those trams, and u'll have to add in the pigeons etc.........

uve got alot of work ahead of u:D

I want the real Fat Controller and Thomas and Percy and that other weird square shaped fucker from Thomas the Tank Engine (/me thinks that could be a cool name for a new game engine) :)

Percy, James, Thomas, Fat Controller... Smurfs!?
    Hey, I like the smell of dead babies in the morning... Specially ones hit by rendered trams put into maps that are meant to be replica's of Dublin City Cent0r... Another thing you have to map... The Music Center, along with a collection of pseudo goth rabid bastards....

This thread seems to be getting too big for the actual content thats in it. Get it back on topic or show some pics or something... it's boring and lame just reading stupid replies :(

imo

right, time for an update on my progress.

1. due to limitations, the map will only include rebel activity on the Northside. this is a REAL limitation, not a crappy fake one cause i'm lazy so don't even suggest it.
    2. the only function trams fulfilled during the rising were to act as blockades forthe rebels. thats all they were and thats all they will be in the map.
    3. I seriously recommend EVERYONE downloads the *fab* éire maps Manic1 has provided.
    4. the 5 flag capture points will be the south quays to the west, o'connell bridge, the centre flag will be on the roof of the GPO waving in great majesty, henry street and parnell st.
    these were all key points during the rising.
    5. the final downlaod will include several elements from the brit pack, including the flags, guns, and British uniforms NOT from the pack. I can also release the information that it will include new flags, irish weapons and a *shiny* new éire/imperial icon for your desktop. only the icon is optional.

since space is the primary restriction, i'll be packing as much into the level as possible. be don't be fool, we're talking a few times the size of "Heatau", and it's easily as big as "Schwetz".

im just after reading ropedrinks comments.
    no.
    but perhaps some kind of tribute to the goth universe is in order, bunch of ****kickers.

Humm. You should just make your own mod :D:D

That book must of come in useful...

Im guessing that it will be only compatable with DoD 2.1.. and not 3.0 which should be out this week... Ill have to rename my dod directory to dod21 so as to play this map then...

• Advertisement

hmmm.
    bugger.
    tis a point, fair and true. does anyone know if 3.0 maps need anything new to be included, in the same way 2.1 needed and info_player_start??
    and i don't like the official quark tutorial. i know that statement doesn't belong here but winters is here and it's just easier

Advertisement