Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Centre map

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

i try to put up actual in-game shots when i can but for the last week i;ve been getting a compilre error AllocBlock: Full, which basically means iv'e got to resize every texture individually.

and can anyone tell me how to use the file on another computer without leaving behind all the textures, etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Compile all the textures and bsp file into a zip or somefin. Put it on a CD or try to squeeze it onto a floppy.

A lot of the textures you use (hopefully) will all be in DoD/HL! If not you have to make your own wad file or somefin ... not to sure cos of my anti-1337 mapping skilz. Anywho... come over to my gaf fand ill setup a 2 player lan or somefin...

/me has bad news... no more Diagnosis Murder RTE showed the last one in the series today :(:(;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

OMG!!!!!!!!! NO MORE DIA MURDER!!!!!!!!!![who cares:o ]

anyway back to the subject [or wat i precieve as the subject] ill b over in ur gaff oin sunday winters:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Originally posted by robbb_mm
    i;ve been getting a compilre error AllocBlock: Full, which basically means iv'e got to resize every texture individually.

Thats not what it means at all. It means that you have too many wads loaded into Quark. There is a texture memory limit of like 4mb in WC, not sure about Quark, but I'm sure it's around the same.

Reduce the amount of different wads and compile.

He, He. You really should try and stick to the normal wads on DoD.. It would cut down on the problem.

Im not too sure if ill be able to see you on Sunday... free gaff next weekend so we can have a laugh then :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

If this is Rob's first map, then fair play (Regardless of wether people think it's absolute toss or not) because it's obvious you're putting a lot of time and effort into the work, and haven't given up and thrown your monitor out the window like I usually do after 10 minutes mapping.

DrAkE, It's not up to us what pictures he posts - That, aswell as how he textures / aligns / comprises his map etc. I can't see why you're getting so huffy.

All Im seeing here is some picture from a mapper who is working hard on something, and a bit of annoying spam. I mean come on, I remember when I posted my first map picture yonks ago. It wasn't an attempt at a city, is was a rake of over sized blocks that I called buildings, and a few HUGE crates... despite being laughed at for some time, it evolved into de_gravel which is still ****e, but I'm proud of.

Give the guy a break, let him map his heart out and help him rather than slate him, and you never know what might happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

i actually played an early version of the map and its not half bad so far, just a few rough edges to sort out [such as large unexplained chunks of rubblee in o'connell st:confused: ]

shud b quite goud wen finished, look forward to playin it.

Jimmy:p

HEY!
    those are fine chunks. they exist purely to make the map less dull. Lets not forget that o'connell st is more or less one long road, with a few side roads (talbot, henry). so i;ve had to incorporate large, unexplained chunks of debris into the map,. amongst other things such as rubble solely so the map is play for more than 5 mintutes and then someone says "say, THAt was pretty. lets play that CS stephans green map by jimeats, the talented one..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Robb maybe you should edit the layout of the city for r_speed reduction because ifs its just one long street then they will be threw the roof. Also how big is the map?

i know, i'm a bit worried about that. the map is huge, as in it takes up the entire area so i'm REALLY worried about the speed. how do i solve my compile problem?

• Advertisement

how do i transer a .qkm file to another computer, complete with wad file?? how can i tell quark where to find the wad file enclosed???
    drake this means you

You need to get a program that will compile the programs into .wad files as far as i know. Check the Quark site for downloads of compiler program things. You could get them from DoDHQ but the download site is still down.. :(

i have the file, andihav the wad but how do i tell quark where the wad files is on another computer.
    Not using the texture browser.

Advertisement