Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voodoo3 Driver problem win2k

• 08-08-2001 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

When I try to install 3dfx's Voodoo3 Drivers it gives me an error something cannot be loacted in the voodoo3.inf??? anyone got the same problem if so please tell me a solution if you know one!

funny n00b site

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Yo ! I have the same problem since i upgraded my motherboard. I was going to get the latest bios for the board but haven't gotten around to doing it yet. Apart from that, i'm not sure.

Gav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

voodoo doesnt support win 2k pro and it never will cus voodoo have stoped trading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dinger

Goto drivers.com. Do a search for voodoo drivers. Although the are no official drivers there are some unofficial ones on the site that work. I got them from the site and have'nt had any problems with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

i have that problem to. i gather it is caused by the tv out on the card.
    heres how to beat it.

unzip the contents of the driver package into a folder. run the setup program you will then be presented with the error. now here is the hard bit. dont touch the installer, just leave it there with the error on screen. open up the folder called driver2k in the folder you unzipped everything into there is a file in there called voodoo3.inf. open it up and located this section of text:

[3dfx.Mfg]
    %3dfx% "Voodoo Series Driver" = 3dfxvs, PCI\VEN_121A&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_0030121A&REV_01, \
    PCI\VEN_121A&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_003A121A&REV_01, \
    PCI\VEN_121A&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_0037121A&REV_01, \
    PCI\VEN_121A&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_0060121A&REV_01, \
    PCI\VEN_121A&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_0061121A&REV_01, \
    PCI\VEN_121A&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_0057121A&REV_01, \
    PCI\VEN_121A&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_0036121A&REV_01

ok i know its complex but its the only way to get this bad boy working.
    now add a comma to the end of the section of text i just pointed out and one of these \. hit return and then space twice. now you must enter what the error says is missing(it must be all in upper case or it wont work). save the file and hit ok on the error box and bobs your uncle you have one set of updated drivers for you voodoo3

<sig>Insert witty signature here</sig>

[This message has been edited by DiscoStu (edited 10-08-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by irishguy:
    voodoo doesnt support win 2k pro and it never will cus voodoo have stoped trading</font>

Bull****. Complete Bull****. They may have stopped trading, but there are without doubt drivers for win2000

Gav

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

there are won2k drivers for v3000 series of GC's, becuase i have one in work.
    so there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

voodoo doesnt support win 2k pro and it never will cus voodoo have stoped trading</font>

So how is it that my V3 works fine in every OS I've thrown at it, including W2K Pro? Get your facts straight before you post rolleyes.gif

ftp://ftp1.3dfx.com/drivers/voodoo3/v3-w2k-1.03.00.exe

well all i know is that i contacted voodoo and they said they dont suport it and they dont plan 2 support it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

you don't know much, do you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Heh, 3dfx made Voodoo cards Irishguy.

Here's a page fulla drivers:
    http://www.3dfx.com/downloads.htm

My V3 3500 will forever be in beta. frown.gif

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "Boxes for show, Baskets for a pro" - [FCA]SyxPak

• Advertisement

yes i know 3dfx make the voodoo cards.all i am saying is that i contacted them a while back and they said the did not and will not support win 2k pro or any new os`s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

That's bull****... There were voodoo3 official win2k drivers on 3dfxgamers (an official 3dfx site) the day win2k began selling. I downloaded them and used them and have never had any problems. Although if you people are trying to install win9x drivers in win2k, i think you're beyond the help that anyone here could offer you. get a brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yes i know 3dfx make the voodoo cards.all i am saying is that i contacted them a while back and they said the did not and will not support win 2k pro or any new os`s</font>

the reason they said they dont support them is becuase they no longer exist as an operational company.
    just becuase they 'dont' support them now, doesnt mean they 'didnt' support them before, and whether they support them or not, has no bearing on the fact that they made drivers for them.
    are we all happy now?
    so, to reitterate, go and download drivers from www.3dfx.com ok?

Advertisement