Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAOC hero question

Options
  • 16-06-2002 4:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

i play on exab server in hibernia,my hero is curently at lvl 35,
    name =Tusk
    just wanna know have i gimped him :( i am speced as follows
    35-LW
    34-Parry
    6-Shield
    I hear parry aint good for rvr and htat not much point puting it past 30....if i have made a bad move can any1 suggest how i could mend my ways :) thanks :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

well parry is needed for PvE and really if your going LW theres nothing else to spec in being a hero... i'd bring your shield up to 7 though for engage which will help you in RvR against bolt casters and archers...

slowly but surely they are fixing defensive skills in RvR(well apparently) so i wouldnt give up on it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Parry is very important for a LW hero, as he has nothing else he can use. But engage is handy at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

ahh ok so not all bad news! Yeah i hate the way you cant parry against fighting styles!It sux!so ill get shield up tah 7 and get engage :) thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Actually most heros are planning on respecing to bring shield up 42 for the 9s anytime stun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

just make sure to have 50 in LW at end game... its one of the best styles in the game...

• Advertisement

I have a sword & board champ, and wish i'd gone LW. My char is ok for RvR but i don't do enough damage. Personally i'd advise you to take a look at the spear wielding when the respec comes in. All the tanks from mid hate going up against them, and generally loose to them. Albs are harder but still its better than Sword and board.

With sword and board you're focused on defense, and most RvR combat doesn't last long enough for u to out-last your opponent. Stick to either LW or spear. You'll take more damage, but you'll at least deal very good damage in reply...

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

Just thought I'd say hello to a guildmate.:)
    Avoca
    Lev 50 Ranger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

50 LW, 42 Shield, 39 Parry is the 'uber' offensive Hero template at the moment from what I've read.

Teeth.

as long as you have 7 in engage u'll be ok as a spear hero. They're a terror in RvR.. although if they do get mezzed they're pretty much dead. However with Purge being available you can pretty much just go out and kill with no worries. Parry is still a bit crap for RvR but it'll help u level, and by the time you're doing RvR Mythic will have it fixed so u can block styles....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

You shouldnt believe everything you read. Block and parry work perfectly fine against styles in RvR. This has been proven many times, and I have never found opponents to have any trouble pulling them off.

• Advertisement

Its been proven that the ocassional parry against styles have occured. I've been RvRing for the last three months and i have gotten the occasional parry against a style... However its still not up to the same form as a shield block.

Its also been proven that there is no real way to determine if you will parry a style. I've heard from friends that they've parried a style maybe 4 times in 20 hours of play. I myself have parried a style only twice. Sure you can parry a style but it happens so rarely that Mythic still has some work to do.

BTW this is not from reading other peoples posts. I've been playing a long time, and i tend to go for melee based characters, and as far as my experience goes in RvR, parry is too unreliable.

Advertisement