Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Girlfriend

• 16-06-2002 10:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I got this girlfriend. We have been going out for 4 months now. Things are great when we are together however she is driving me mad when we are apart.

See the problem is: I can't stop thinking bout her! No literally, I am having problems sleeping at night because I can’t get her out of my head.

Obviously I can't tell her I feel so strongly about her, as it would probably just scare her totally. The more I see her, the stronger my feelings get for her and I can tell the same is true for her as well. Does this disease called love have a cure or at least someway of suspending it for an hour or two so I can get some sleep...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

What age r u??? [its a serious question, im not takin the piss]

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

If you can't stop thinking about her at night, why don't you let her move into your appartment?
    Ask her over some nights, and then let her like your place and she'll make the decision of moving in because she thinks its great living with you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

me and my girlfriend had this problem...we figured a little ting out we kinda a joined at the hip now
    we dont go anywhere without eachother dont really c our friends anymore and its the best..i go wit her movin in too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

Sounds like an obsession to me. An unhealth one too.
    This isn't love I assure you. You guys may be in-love BUT thinking of eachother 24/7 in such an unhealth way is dangerous.
    I seriously advise not to get joined at the hip. You will lose contact with friends and get in arguments with your parents.
    It happened to me. A 2 year relationship. Joined at the hip. Yes we were in love. But it was that unhealth obsession that destroyed it all.
    Obsessions end. And when they do you will notice your friends are nowhere to be seen as you gave them the cold shoulder cause only one person/thing/place in the whole world mattered to you and "ffuc the rest"...

As for telling herhow you feel. Do... I think that you 2 are probably in love from the sounds of it. But just for gods sake and your own, Avoid isolating yourselfs from the world. Believe me its very easy for to fall into that trap and its almost impossible to reverse it.
    Take things easy and give your mind a break from time to time....

Please PM or Email me if you want to scream at me or ask for some advice. I see where I was 3 years ago and don't want it to happen to you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

wise words chaos engine, when I was 19 I completely fell for a girl and we pretty much went into hibernation for a couple months :o coming out and breaking up caused 2/3months of madness I wouldn't wish upon anyone :(

Do Not Go There! Fine and well you love each other, just remember there's other people out there eh ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Something

I think that this goes with ever post on this forum...

goodluck.gif

But im only gonna paste it on this on, because im lazy like that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

ahhhhh hes in love

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭CHRISTYG

Well, I'm in a relationship with a WONDERFUL girl (in fact, we just got engaged-after only 5 months!!!) and we're TOTALLY in love, but we have an agreement that while, obviously, we make plenty of time for each other, we also keep seeing our own circles of friends- for example, Roberta's gong for a meal with her girlfriends Paula and Fiona on Tuesday, while I go to the pictures, and then we will spend Wednesday night together. So that's our system!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by CHRISTYG
    - for example, Roberta's gong for a meal with her girlfriends Paula and Fiona on Tuesday, while I go to the pictures, and then we will spend Wednesday night together. So that's our system!!!!

Why, exactly did you have to tell us their names. Do we know them? Strange.

Unregisterd obsessive bloke. You wanna snap out of it swift. You're gonna fúck your life up and lose friends. Don't. It's stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i was in a relationship that was like that. with regards to the leaving your friends out of things.
    after 3 years, i am now re-establishing contact and apologising to them.
    the wonderful thinkg about my friends, is they all understand. i have said straight out that i had ignored them for one reason or another, been completely up front, and then i have said sorry and told them that they are my friends and that means something to me. and they have been good.
    your friends are the most important thing in your life and you need them there. if youre in a relationship that takes you away from your friends then you should look at it.

as for telling her how you feel, go ahead. if she loves you back she wont care. people are strange. they may be the words she needs to hear. some people fall in love quickly. im onr of those people. i dont do it often, 3 times so far, but it happens fast, and ive learned to be able to talk about it and express it, and be petrified that they dont love me back :)
    hey, lifes too short....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

I say let her move in. If you spend even more time with each other, You'll see whether you really get on with each other well or get really pissed off with each other. Eitherway you'll find some answers.

:D "If you blow chunks and she comes back, she's all yours. If you hurl and she bolts, it was never meant to be" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

g'ah! know how you feel unregistered!
    but dont forget your friends are VERY important.
    as for the moving in together thing,it's not a good idea. it just makes it harder for you to leave each other IF you dont get along:confused: ?

ah well good luck with it :)

as my mate padjo gargly once said "bros b4 hoes" great ****in advise pity he didnt take it himself;) , but seriously this feeling will probably wear off after a while , i dont mean that in a bad way its just that your relationship will reach a more mature stage. your just in love just dont lose the run of yourself and **** it all up

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

my one and only piece of advice....

KEEP YOUR FRIENDS

Advertisement