Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael Spokesperson for The Information Society

Options
  • 16-06-2002 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

Just taught I would pass this on.

" I have been recently been given responsibility as Fine Gael Spokesperson for The Information Society. If I can be of help to your organisation with regard to Broadband access or otherwise please let me know. If it would be helpful to meet then we could arrange this too,
    Regards,
    Dave Stanton td "

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

Great to hear Dave. Good Luck...
    Isn't it about time your site was updated. Now that you are Spokesperson for The Information Society ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

have been recently been given responsibility as Fine Gael Spokesperson for The Information Society.

I think that this email means well. But FG are a political shambles. They won't be a force in the next Dail. They are the policitical equivalant of Maurice Hickey.

I surpose - we need all the belp we can muster. But Fine Gael Spokesperson for The Information Society - God Help us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

[ As if anyone cares about your shameless partisan comments Cork. ]

Simon Coveney has been made Shadow Minister for Communications, so I'll be talking to him sometime next week.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Simon Coveney has been made Shadow Minister for Communications

No Simon Coveney has been made FINE GAEL Shadow Minister for Communications.

I think we need to focus our efforts in getting results. I know, Simon - he is pretty sound. But being partisan or not. I am a realist.

Let us know - the results that you achieve with FINE GAEL Shadow Minister for Communications.

I am always on about lobbying but we need to lobby in order to achieve results & not for the sake of lobbying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Originally posted by dahamsta
    [ As if anyone cares about your shameless partisan comments Cork. ]
    *applause* Should be some kind of ban on such shamelss propoganda. He twists every thread he posts on to show his political leenings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Jorinn
    *applause* Should be some kind of ban on such shamelss propoganda. He twists every thread he posts on to show his political leenings.

Interesting word that, "ban" - fair point Jorinn

Party political broadcasts aren't welcome here
    Anti-party political broadcasts aren't either.

We do have a Politics board but blatant political sectarianist opportunism (for the sake of it) isn't welcomed much by Victor (and rightly so) either.

Interesting move from FG in having such a post in the first place though. It's something the government should have as well (I'll be pleasantly surprised if someone tells us they have). "Communications" involves more than just the phone lines and the businesses running them - someone having a post with a remit to making people aware of the possibilities of the internet and other newish forms of communication is a necessity in a country whose government has a policy of providing all government services online by next year (and we have to do something with that 5mbit connection we'll all have by 2005).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

while on the topic of chasing shadows.......

Who is the Labour spokesdroid?

SF ?

Greens?

Do any of the independents display sentience when telecommunications are mentioned Mildred? Jackie? anybody?

M

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Look for the one with a site updated in 2002 and an email addy that doesn't bounce. :p

Advertisement