Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College atmospheres

Options
  • 16-06-2002 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hey, I wasn't sure where to post this, but I was wondering what the perceptions are of the different colleges.

My first choice course (Vet) is in UCD, but my second (Law and french) is in both Trinity, and UCD, so before the final change of mind day, i'm trying to get a feel for which is the nicest college to attend.

Any Takers?

Shuri

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

A college is a college.......they have so many people you will find some group ye like......

But with a brother in ucd and a sister in trinity i'd recommend UCD if ye want a laf...as the campus is outside the city it provides a very good enviroment for it...god knows i don't think me bro even attends lectures ne more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

I go to UCD - it's such a big college that it's almost impossible to through it without making some great friends and having a laugh. Some people say they'd find going to UCD daunting because of its size but as far as atmosphere and the sheer volume of opportunities available socially, academically, interests, hobbies etc., I'd say the UCD atmosphere wins out over small colleges and Trinity.

People I know who go to Trinity like the place a lot but they always say it tends to be a little more unfriendly, cold and there's less of a community thing. But you'll really have to ask a Trinity student.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

i go to trinity - love the place really nice atmosphere but the tourists get a bit annoying occasionally.

btw i'm actually eclectichoney logged in as my sister :)

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

Originally posted by DadaKopf
    I go to UCD - it's such a big college that it's almost impossible to through it without making some great friends and having a laugh.

well, in that case, i must have achieved the impossible, then, because this is my second year there, and i absolutely hate UCD and can't wait to see the back of it! i just want to get through it get my degree and get out.

it wasn't always like that though- i tried so hard at the start of first year to join in things to go to parties, class nites out, debates, coffee mornings, etc etc, but nothing worked, and i haven't managed to make more than one new friend. granted some of my mates from school are there and i know their friends as well, but as for new friends, no such luck!

not meaning to put a dampener on your plans, though, it really just depends on your attitude and your approach to college- i'm sure no matter which one you go to you'll have a good time, but remember, college isn't supposed to be like something out of a film- this is real life, not road trip!

basically, what i'm saying is; don't expect it to land in your lap- you have to get out there and work hard at it to get anywhere in such a big college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SYL

I'm starting in Trinity as a mature student in the autumn and have some reservations about it. I posted something about whether trinity students can access the college at any time, and some total dildo who used to go there writes back with a big tirade of shyte and guff for me. Hmmmmmm, I always heard that the place was full of right hoors, but dear lord, don't let it be so. I have no patience for people like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Tony The Monkey Child

Being a UCD student, I must give the place some good press. Great atmosphere, good people and **** coffee. Perfect combination really. The thing about it is, the first week is make or break. UCD is really cliquey and if you don't get a group in the first week, its difficult (not impossible) to break into other groups. Join lots, hit the bar and play some sports. UCD life is what ytou make of it, for me its class and I can't wait to go back.

Advertisement