Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

copyright audio cds

• 14-08-2001 2:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

how do i copyright audio cds from being copyed on a audio only recorder? i use nero 2 burn my cds.any ideas or programs i can use

life:sexualy transmitted allways fatal
    pa153@hotmail.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Okay, I haven't got nero here (And I haven't had need to do this before), but you can set the Copyright flag when you have laid out your CD. Just highlight all the Wav files and enter the properties. Tick the copyright/protection box and this should mark it for SCMS protection I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Red Moose

Which of course won't do jack.

Sorry I can't actually help in anyway, but you would probably have to invest serious cash for protection that the likes of Geffen and Sony can't even make secure.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭hudson806

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Red Moose:
    Which of course won't do jack.</font>

Does it not switch the flag that disallows consumer-grade CD recorders from copying (not CD-Rs)

I agree with your general sentiment - copy-prevention is a right that the big record labels have reserved for themselves...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Aye, he specifically stated Audio only CDR equipment, all of which should obey SCMS protection.

Advertisement