Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo

Options
  • 16-06-2002 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

Should I or shouldn't I?

Currently working on sketching out my concept tattoo. It's a walnut in a straighjacket. Banner underneath saying NUTCASE. It's SO me.

So should I do it?

Should I or shouldn't I? 16 votes

YES!!!
    0% 0 votes
    They\'re SO 1980\'s!
    50% 8 votes
    YOU IDIOT!
    6% 1 vote
    Get one of an Atari Jaguar!
    43% 7 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Cait

I wouldn't, but it's up to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I've just noticed something amazing that's wiped out my depression....

I'M BACK UP TO A FREAK! ROLL ON NO LIFE! WHOOOOOOO!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

get one of a flaming dice, with all 3 visible sides showing a 6.if you dont get it, i will..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Originally posted by lordsippa
    Should I or shouldn't I?

Currently working on sketching out my concept tattoo. It's a walnut in a straighjacket. Banner underneath saying NUTCASE. It's SO me.

So should I do it?

anything to see your flesh is :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

well, the way i see it is do you think that in 10 years you'll still want a walnut in a straightjacket tattoed to your body? coz tattos are bleedin' permanent you know. (no pun intended by the way :p ) if you want one, get a dragon. or a fairy. or an eye with flames around it tattoed to your back. that'd be cool... i could start drawin' up designs for you if you like....
    sHep :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

get it somewhere that it wont stretch when you get old. ole people tattoos are gross when theyre stretched out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

just start with a small one anyways..
    and make sure u'll like it for a fair while..
    if you dont like, or when you dont like it you could just get it covered with some pile of **** like 'i luv mam' or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Elvish

one of my teachers has one of a dragon all up his back and it looks pretty cool. I personally wouldn't get one, i don't like that sort of thing but make sure to get something you won't regret in 20 years.

-Rob

Um... the one i want to have is going to be pretty tiny...

I am more messed up than i show, so i think that good humoured poke at my sanity is acceptable....

and to all who voted against it... **** YOU!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Uh....surely you're not old enought to get tattooed?
    And who say's the artist can tattoo the image at the small size you want, most images people come in with have to be enlarged a fair bit.

• Advertisement

Oh, well... LEGALLY I suppose.... but who cares about THAT?!

And the one I'm thinking of has little detail... in fact the most detailed thing about it is going to be the fact that there's a banner of text underneath. The actual design is very basic. It should only take up my shoulder at most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Get one, but remember any text will fade/blend in a few years. Go for clearcut lines, and big text. Get it in a muscley/fleshy place too cos if its on anything thats close to bone its gonna hurt like hell.

I wanted a tattoo since I was about 15, and many years later I eventually got one. The only thing I regret is that it should have been higher up on my back, but thats going to get fixed when I get it extended.

Black is still probably the best colour to get, other colours fade faster I believe.

Lordsippa - Any of the good artists in Dublin won't touch you unless you're over 18, even if your parents come with you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

get a third eye in the middle of your forehead

oh oh, or perminent side burns

Oh I know they won't touch me with a large stick... unless i somehow get a fake id or some such... y'see? I can easily pass for 18 in looks, my voice is still kinda youthful (i think it's the whole singing higher than brian molko)... but an id would make things easy.

Hmm, any of the artists I know only take passport/drivers licence.
    But I think drivers' licences can be faked easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Smiley

If you get a tattoo...at all...get it of something that expresses who you are, that symbolises what you stand for, and what motivates you to achieve your best, academically, spiritually, and what leads you to a higher plane and state of mind.

A walnut in a straightjacket?? I'm not saying it's a bad idea, in fact it's a good design and all, but it's possible that it's just a temporary thing. I mean, who's to say that in a few weeks or so, you might have moved on to another design, another trail of thought, and left that idea far behind. It happens all the time. With everyone.

You have to ask yourself...what is the one constant in my life...the thing that keeps me going. Most tattoos are of things that have no profound meaning, and whatever meaning they have is often not apparent. Most tattoos are got solely for the purpose of getting one. What does that symbolise??? Don't ask me...ask the person who gets one. Or ask yourself, if you are planning on getting one.

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with tattoos...only that the logic behind getting a tattoo is often incredibly silly or it is not thought out at all.

You know when you were a kid...and you wanted a toy or to go somewhere. All you thought about was that thing....you obsessed over it, and you nagged your parents to deliver the goods. And quite often they never would. And you would either find that you got it for your birthday, or for Christmas, of maybe even Father Christmas would have heard your plea. And what happens then...you play with it for a short while, you get bored with it, and something new comes along. Even if you didn't get it, you still get bored with the idea (or give up) and move on to something else. That's just the way it seems to work.

The difference with a tattoo is, when you're bored with it, you can't chuck it out....you're stuck with it.

That's all from this weeks edition of 'Kill the Dream',

Next week we'll be talking to a man who is considering a vasectomy......

Stay tuned,

Mike...

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭strawberry

As me, I feel it is my duty to say...
    NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, that was refreshing. That's not how I see you at all. And since I'm GOD I will not let it be so. Unless I forget you. Like I forget that one person who dies every four seconds from hunger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

Originally posted by strawberry
    And since I'm GOD I will not let it be so.

yesss darling <pats grace on the head> *COUdeity-complexGH* :D

Shut up Grace.

And for Mike, anyone who has experienced me at my "best", or even just heard the stories of what i've ... <ahem> acomplished here in america will know that that tattoo is me. Completely. And that's not going to change, or my name is Sven, with no reference to drinking from toilets.

So there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭strawberry

:confused: Grace? Shut up? What do these words mean????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Smiley

Understood Sven....understood....

Scared, bewildered and even intrigued, but still understood.....

M...

Teehee... i told grace to shut up. She's so going to kill me...

And mike, it's nice someone finally understands. FINALLY!

Advertisement