Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slipknot!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SYL

I'm 24 and have liked slipknot since they came out. All of the singles they have released are all watered down mixes of the original songs off the albums, so that may be a reason that people think that they suck ass. I just like their music because I think its got some depth (awaiting a tirade of hate mail after saying that) and that it makes a statement. Its not just meaningless yelling and bawling, unlike a lot of shout-first-sing-later bands out at the moment. If you get yer hands on one of their albums and listen to the second half of the album, I'm sure you would be pleasantly surprised. Only pity is, that they had to take back their best song. When I bought their first album, it had a song called 'Purity' on it. After launch, the song was deemed too controvertial because its about a real girl who was abducted and murdered a few years ago in the states. Song was then removed from latter versions of the first album, but I still think that 'Purity' is their finest moment, a great mix of heavy-ass geetarz and some friggin' eerie vocals during the chorus, and the classic lyric of "You all stare but you'll never see whats really inside me". My vote, Slipknot are a great band. AND I have seen them live too, and they more than cemented that fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Maybe the <Durst-ism>haters</durstism> here are only judging them on their singles and the 'Slipknot' album. Personally, I much prefer Iowa, especially the last song 'Iowa', it's a really lovely song, nice to listen to when falling asleep :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I've heard both full albums, and even some of the original self released effort.

And by "Heard" I don't mean, a friend had it on, or anything.
    I mean I got the album and listened right the way through the whole thing.

Thankfully, I could exchange it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

alot of people are spouting on about how most of the 'knot fans are 13 year old kids who only like em cos they are "cool" and whatever.
    what about the people who hate them.. alot of people only say they don't like them so as to appear "cool" and not be grouped with "those 13 y/o central bank kids".
    personally I think they're ****e, but I don't really care either way, "wait and bleed" is a good song, have it on cd somewhere (the single). but i never really liked the others, *shrug*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Originally posted by eth0_
    Personally, I much prefer Iowa, especially the last song 'Iowa', it's a really lovely song, nice to listen to when falling asleep :-)

You are f*cking joking right? I just downloaded it after you saying it's lovely thinking that it's going ot be a slow paced ballad or something.

It's as crap as any other Slipknot **** I've heard! Christ I wouldn't be able to sleep if that was being played through all hours of the night. I'd probably get a more peaceful sleep by jumping off a bridge!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I sold the two Slipknot albums I had over the weekend (and it was to some 11 year old). Got face value for em! :D

Now I'm going to get some decent CD's. :cool:

Yes I do agree that Wait and Bleed was a good song but they need consistancy on all of their albums. All of their albums are half assed attempts at making a record. Every single song needs to be perfect for an excellent cd. I'm currently listening to "Ten" by Pearl Jam at the moment, now compare the consistancy on that cd to either of Slipknots cd's...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I cant disagree that their good songs are very inconsistant, i have downloaded about 25 of their songs but only have 8 on my laylist (because the rest of the songs sucked, so i deleted them :o). If they would get one album without all of their cr*p songs i would defo get it, but their current albums are usually 3 good songs and 8 cr*p ones :(

Advertisement