Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cnn

• 16-06-2002 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Just a quick question.

Is CNN available with the SKY satellite pacakge?

Comments

Yes on all Sky packages.
    It's the Euro/international version though.
    You might prefer Fox news which is also there and is the same version that goes out in the States.
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

CNN is free to air i think.But for US news Fox is best-lively,in your face with more balls than the world cup.
    And you should see the amount of CNN-hating emails they show.Fox despises them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by The Gopher
    And you should see the amount of CNN-hating emails they show.Fox despises them!

TBH, its actually the other way around.
    FOX News is a baby to CNN in terms of cable access and obviously who has been around longer but FOX is beating them all in the ratings and this is outright.

FOX is obviously "pro" America (duh!) but i find it the most balanced news channel.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I think I must be the only one who hates FOX news because of it being pro USA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

You are not alone there, mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I prefer CNN but TBH my fave has to be Sky News!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭CHRISTYG

I don't like either CNN or Fox News, for the simple reason- and this will be controversial, but I'll say it anyway- that, whatever programme they're doing, with the possible exception of sports, they STILL seem incapable of doing a single programme without a mention of "September 11" I know that it was the greatest series of terrorist outrages mankind's ever seen in "peacetime"-and coming from Northern Ireland I know about terrorist outrages- but you would think that even CNN/Fox would let us get through a day of broadcast without a reference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

Well said> Im amazed how BBC World can avoid this topic.Fox news is crass and cnn is like mcStuffyourface> You can only eat so much sh** without question.
    BBC World wins hands down! They should pull fox news for be slightly biased. Put BBC World on 28E for at least ROI as News24 is STILL not available to the few without bbc cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭georgekildare

For news junkies who have access to a steerable dish and want an alternative US-oriented news station than Fox News, the US version of CNN is easily receivable as free to air on Telstar 11 at 37.5W

CNN (USA) 11.495 GHz. H 19.500 2/3

Fox News is the news source for the right wing Republicans who want to invade Iraq

CNN-USA is the news source for other Americans.

By the way for more balanced US news, I would highly recommend NPR radio on Hot Bird at 13 E.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by georgekildare

Fox News is the news source for the right wing Republicans who want to invade Iraq

CNN-USA is the news source for other Americans.

By the way for more balanced US news, I would highly recommend NPR radio on Hot Bird at 13 E.

Someone likes his blind liberal stations?
    CNN for America is the least informative drivel i have ever seen.
    If your life complies to the following then CNN is for you:

Winter: cocktails and champagne parties in Manhattan
    Summer: Hamptons....enjoy!

Originally posted by georgekildare

ahhh NPR, the party piece.
    /side note: any O'Reilly fans reading?

NPR is so extremely liberal they will not allow anyone on their station if the have a contrasting view on anything, period.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by Saruman
    I prefer CNN but TBH my fave has to be Sky News!!

Yup I use the Sky News Active service on a regular basis, especially after their great coverage of ROI in World Cup. Just a pity they don't cover ROI more often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭CHRISTYG

telecinesk, were you congratulating me on my post about CNN/Fox constantly mentioning September 11, because I have been on a 1-man campaign about this issue for months, and I am grateful for your support.

Advertisement