Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoftFSB

• 15-08-2001 4:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭

Just a wee question about this. I have a gigabyte ga6bxds and have pretty much given up on ocing it. Can I use softfsb on it.

How do i find out what the pll ic is ? what actually is the pll ic as well ?

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/products/ga6bxds.htm

Intel 82440 BX AGPset
    iTE 8671 I/Oset (1Mb/S)

Cheers,
    Gav

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Looks like your board is supported, you don't even have to find out what pll ic (clock generator) you have. Just pick your board from the drop down list. Hunt around on google for softfsb, I'll upload it tonight anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

After lots of poking around on my board, i have found good news and bad news. Apparently it won't overclock via softfsb. The pll ic chip seemingly just won't do it. ( the board uses a different one to the 6bxd ).

However ! I was under the impression that the board only supported a clock multiplier of up to 550, however I have found some 'hidden' settings that will allow it to run up to 9.5. Also it will take fcpga coppermines perfectly seemingly.

So whilst the chips are multiplier locked.. at least i can stick a coppermine 600 - 1 gig chip into it. ( supposedly )

Now, to find dual 1 gig slot1's or dual 850 coppermines.. hehe

Gav

hum, that was badly explained. Anyone else have one of these boards ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

I had one ages ago... ran modified Slot1 Celeron 300As at 450MHz. Was nice and cheap... the cheapest Dual Slot1 board I could find at the time wink.gif

Even without changing the multiplier, any Slot1 cpu supported by the BIOS should work.. they will just override the mulitplier setting themselves.

Matt

Advertisement