Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bunny hoppin'

Options
  • 17-06-2002 1:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭

I've been practising my trick jumps, and bunny-hopping over the past couple of days, and I think I've finally gotten the hang of it..but theirs one think I don't understand.

On q3dm6, I can do the bridge2rail jump consistantly..but only when pmove_fixed is enabled. Does pmove give you extra height when you jump? I tried this under 142, 125 and other fps, but could only manage it the odd time. Am I missing something here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

first thing it is strafe jumping not bunnyjumping ala qw ;) jumps seem easier with pmove enabled im not totally sure about it but i think it enables framerate independent physics, ie whether you have 50fps or 125fps you should be able to make the jump. Ive played around with it a bit and the T2 tele jump is near impossible to miss with it enabled, with 125fps however if you know how to do its only a matter of practise and you should be able to make it 90% of the time. If ure playing on non-dedicated server, like playing on a server on the same machine ure playing try 142fps. You jump further than 125, or alternativity use 83 if u dont have the fps and 76fps online or on a dedicated server. If you can do bridge-rail with pmove on you probably have the correct tecnique so shouldnt take you too long to make it consistently on 125 (dedicated) or 142fps(non-dedicated). Sam or dan feel free to contridict anything i have said :)

Advertisement