Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official IOFFL Survey

Options
  • 17-06-2002 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

The finishing touches are currently being put to the official IOFFL survey which we will be asking all of you to take the time to fill in and submit to us. We'll also be asking you to spread the word as to get as many reponses as possible.

There will be a full explanation of the reasoning behind carrying out such a survey when its released. In short however, many OLO's we have met with ask us how much are our members willing to pay for flat rate access, they have realistic questions regarding caps and terms of use, and some of them have asked about geographical spread of people wanting such services. We thought the best way for us to get a general consensus was to aggregate the infoirmation submitted in response to a survey.

Data you submit will not be associated with you or your identity in any way, however we will log your IP address to prevent multiple submissions. Aggregate or raw data may be provided to telecommunications operators and Internet Service Providers, again anonymously.

We need as many people as possible to take part. For a start, EVERY member and their next door neighbour's, colleagues, friends, realtions etc.

Lets have the real facts about what the consumer is looking for in Internet access products in Ireland today.

Its release will be announced shortly.

David Long

Chairman IrelandOffline

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Oh good. Look forward to that. Hope there are plenty of Donegal ppl to fill the survey. I will forward to relevant people in my addressbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Would it be possible to use layman's expressions for the non-geek, tech savvy among those who'll be completing the survey? I don't want to be explaining flat rate to all and sundry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

Would it be possible to use layman's expressions for the non-geek, tech savvy among those who'll be completing the survey?

Absolutely, we have taken care to make it accessible as possible, actually Mountjoy if you mail me you could be in the final testing group and check its friendliness!

David

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Dave sent you a PM

My girlfriend is the perfect example of a "typical internet user" - if she understands it, it's good, if she doesn't, it would need to be changed.

Can use the internet by opening IE, knows how to do a Yahoo search but not much more else, can use Outlook (sending and receiving mail only), gets confused by any technical terms but managed to set up her own home modem using the instructions that came in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

My girlfriend is the perfect example of a "typical internet user" - if she understands it, it's good, if she doesn't, it would need to be changed.

We have tried our best to make it as accessible as possible, there are some questions which skirt the edge of geekiness for example ...

What would consider a reasonable monthly price for flat-rate dailup Internet access. *

* Flat-Rate :A fixed sum is paid for unlimited access Internet, no phone call costs or any other extra charges are incurred.

We have done our best to provide non geeky explainations along with the tougher questions. It is going to be tested by a few peeps before it goes live anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement