Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Generic Creative soundcard drivers????

• 13-08-2001 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Any of you guys got generic CT drivers out there?
    I have a CT5805 SB 64/128, now unfortunatly its a Compaq OEM card and Creative don't support it and the Compaq drivers won't work with the Dell Pc it's in!!

I have hunted high and low for something to make this card produce noise...any noise will do!

Any help

Milkman

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

the creative drivers should still work.
    creative just wont support it because its an OEM, but this does not mean that the drivers dont work.
    enjoy your sound....

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Milkman

I have tryed all the different variations of setups with all the different wave sets and all that happens is the setup.exe won't run.

double click the setup and nothing happens...... any ideas WWM??

have you downloaded the drivers from the creative web site?

Yea, I have their complete driver and waveset files, and all the 64/128 variations as well!
    building up a collection of burnt creative cd drivers!!

• Advertisement

by the way, what exact sound card is it?
    it cant be a 64 and a 128 card. its either or.
    if its just a normal soundblaster 64 or 128 and the drivers from www.creative.com dont work, then i suggest you go out and spend 30 quid on a soundblaster live value and then get your self some surround sound speakers and enjoy your games in 4.1 surround sound superdom.
    or lash out and get the creative works big box set at 300 quid with the full dolby digital 5.1 surround sound set up.

Cheers WWM
    but I have it already and it don't work!!

But I'll try it again....it's quite possible that I messed up in my hazy judgement!

tanx 4 the help

well, if you got it in a compaq, they should at least be ablet ot tell you the exact make of the card.
    do you know what make your pc is? you should be able to check the spec on the website.
    but like i said, if its too mch hassle, get a new one. good sound cards these days are pretty cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Fand

<a href=http://windrivers.com>Windrivers</a&gt; has a "Beginners' Search" on its webpage where you can surf from a photo of the chip on your soundcard and find drivers - or just do the Drivers Search at the top of the page first.

Advertisement