Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dabs

• 17-06-2002 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

I sent a faulty motherboard back to dabs to be replaced, and to cut a long story short there saying they never recieved it.
    Thing is 7 weeks ago I mailed em to see if it had arrived and they replyed with yes, it has been sent to abit for a full warranty repair.

Now Im having an argument with one of there employees, shes telling me that unless I have proof of delivery tough..
    I sent it by regualr mail so I cant get proof.

I was just wondering if anyone has gone through a similar situation with dabs or for any suggestions on how I should proceed next..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lynchie

AFAIK, when you send something by regular mail you have no proof that the package has been received by the receiver. I think you made a mistake by not sending it by registered mail. Even if Dabs DID receive it they could say that they didn't and you haven't a leg to stand on.

If you received an email from them stating that they had recieved it, then ask to speak to a sales supervisor or a returns supervisor and explain it to them. Surely if Dabs sent the board off to Abit then it must have been returned by customer and they have to take your word a little more seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

You didn't even use registered mail? Doh, yeah, you basically have no proof then that you've sent it. They're not being assholes, it's just they can't afford to replace/refund/whatever to anyone who claims they've sent stuff back but have no proof of it. Like what lynchie said, if you speak with some manager person and beg, they might be sympathetic and help you out but somehow I don't think that'll happen. Worth a shot though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

A reputable company like Dabs won't try to screw customers over but they will probably be pretty hard line on this.

As mentioned contact someone and tell them that you were e-mailed to say that the board was being sent back. If you're lucky they might accept this and do it without any further hassle to make up their own fsck up. (TBQH, a more cynical/knowledgable person might probably say that mail headers etc could easily have been faked to produce the desired effect)

Best of luck with them!

Buying on-line is great till something goes wrong. Personally I love to be able to go into someone face and fsck them out of it face to face if neds be. I've had big problems withthe very evil scan.co.uk before, though I've never heard of serious problems with Dabs. At the end of the day registered post is well worth the few quid extra if you're sending something worth money. (You have proof of postage and insurance from An Post)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

I did have a little receipt I got from the post office but its well lost now. I might have had it 6 weeks ago if they had told me it hadnt arrived.

Its pretty sad cause up to now I was impressed with dabs, Ive bought a lot of stuff of them recently and apart from the one faulty board I didnt have any problems. I wont be getting anything from them again I can tell ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Originally posted by Xithus
    I did have a little receipt I got from the post office but its well lost now. I might have had it 6 weeks ago if they had told me it hadnt arrived.

Its pretty sad cause up to now I was impressed with dabs, Ive bought a lot of stuff of them recently and apart from the one faulty board I didnt have any problems. I wont be getting anything from them again I can tell ya.
    Don't be so melodramatic cause Dabs didn't do anything wrong as far as I can tell. Blame yourself instead for not using registered post and learn from this mistake...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Dabs say they receive mobo
    <6 weeks>
    Dabs say they dont have mobo tough.

They lost my f**king motherboard and there blaming me. There entirely to blame, If they had told me in the first place they never got it, then it wouldve been my fault.

Fact is, its sitting in a big pile of RMA's and the lazy **** Yyyyyvone who Im badgering is too lazy to get up offa her ass and find it.
    I reckon thats a good enough reason for me never to shop there again.

Advertisement