Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angels With Dirty Faces (Hip Hop)

Options
  • 18-06-2002 2:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

As Mak said, audiogalaxy is going the way of the dinosaur so I thought I'd give a head's up on some good independent hip hop stuff. There's 4 tracks to get from the audiogalaxy site itself, so they're still there to download. I'd recommend checking out 'def con 4' and 'bizarro world' before they disappear along with audiogalaxy. Can't find out any info about them on the net at all though, nothing at all.

http://www.audiogalaxy.com/pages/review.php?band_id=73275

Does anyone have a good source of independent hip-hop / alternative hip-hop material? I relied on audiogalaxy, which had some excellent stuff by the likes of Dynamic Syncopation, Eyedea & Masterminds. Don't know what to do now though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

yeah go to a record shop. buy some ugly duckling. your love of hip-hop will be satisfied for many a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 socialretard

if you're into buying your music go to http://www.sandboxautomatic.com. best underground online record store, and reliable too. and ugly duckling? snooze. if you want that "old school vibe in the present day" go for jurassic 5. ugly duckling aren't even in the same ballpark as J5

not a great fan of J5 at all, apart from one or two tracks the vast majority of their tracks (imo) are self-praising "i r the greatest rapper with the styles" stuff... without any point to the overall lyrics at all bar one or two lines per song.. which just aint my cup of tea (more a blackalicious/aesop rock type person :) )
    ugly duckling is pure unadulterated fun completly devoid of a "better than thou" attitude and a clear message of "we're enjoying this". plus J5 live don't touch UD.

Originally posted by Kali
    plus J5 live don't touch UD.

you are kidding right? i've been to about 300+ live hip hop gigs here in dublin and back home in melbourne and the J5 show i saw here was top notch. nothing could touch the varying style of the show and overrall entertainment value that cut chemist and nu-mark were, let alone with the mcs on stage.

nah im actually serious..
    both excellent gigs mind you, but the extremely talented mc supernatural (who was warming up for them) was the most memorable part of the night imo and not j5 unfortunaly..
    but we'll agree to disagree... arguing about something as subjective as music is mostly pointless :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

thats a good film

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

I thought I hated hip hop and rap (well I do actually, all the typical commerical stuff out there) until Kali started ranting on about Ugly Duckling. To be honest they are the dogs bollix :)

I've just recently come across another song that just has to mentioned:
    Blackalicious - Release

Omg!

cool, well all hip hoppers etc might want to check out http://www.bridgejam.tk. it's the website for the annual drogheda graffiti jam which features graffiti (of course) dj's in the park, and the saturday/sunday nights have a little get together and an open mic (if you're drunk enough). definately worth checking out. last year's was good, this year's will be better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Originally posted by Kali
    buy some ugly duckling

Wayyyyyy ahead of you ;) I'm a big fan of Ugly Duckling & J5. Kali's right, UD bring the fun back into hip-hop.

On the J5 gig, MC Supernatural stole the show :)

Advertisement