Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemistry HL

Options
  • 18-06-2002 7:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭

I just noticed this course is damn big! :p
    as i'm here cramming away..and should not be looking at boards i've come to the conclusion i'm quite ****ed......ah but sure what are ye goin' to do.........Winkler method n the likes.....bleh 4 damn reactions to know...tis like effort. And there is spellings ye have to know in chemistry -> EEEK

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Exam was nice .

Very nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I didn't think the exam was that easy at all, then again i think i have said that for all my exams so far and am probablyonly saying it because i didn't get an A1 :P

Q1 for vinegar was alright, i didn't like Q2 though because i hadn't looked at it in ages and forgot tons. Q 4 was the loveliest question on the paper, i think i got every single short right. The ionisation wasn't too bad although i imagine it wasn't too popular. I hated question 6, especially the ketone bit which i was screwed for. The MS-GC Q wasn't too bad. After the short questions Q8 was probably the easiest. Water looked ok but i never revised it so i left it out. Q10 was ok, what did people get for KC? Q11 (b) was sweeeet and the option was suprisingly easy (i did A).

One thing that annoyed be was the wording for (b) and (c) in Q1,

I am thinking B2-A2 for that exam, missed out on the A1 with a poor soap question

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Oh i'm sure Serial is going to be a happy camper since everything i told him was going to come up (just about) My teach predicted Q1soap/clove, Q2vinegar,Q3rates/thermochem,Q7mass spectrometry/GC and Q11(a) exactly

Don't ask why i screwed up my soap question when i was told it was going to come up:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Originally posted by RASKOLNIKOV
    Oh i'm sure Serial is going to be a happy camper since everything i told him was going to come up (just about) My teach predicted Q1soap/clove, Q2vinegar,Q3rates/thermochem,Q7mass spectrometry/GC and Q11(a) exactly

Don't ask why i screwed up my soap question when i was told it was going to come up:(

yeah bud me rates of reaction was perfect along with me vinegar...i forgot how to do Q2 also :rolleyes:
    Q 4 was the loveliest question on the paper
    twas lovely altho we all knew it would be :)

The ionisation wasn't too bad although i imagine it wasn't too popular. I hated question 6, especially the ketone bit which i was screwed for.
    they ionisation was lovely......and most others up here tought likewise.....ketone i luved also...but not all agreed....

The MS-GC Q wasn't too bad.
    didn't really like that....i did it and it was ok..but i made up all the applications :)

i liked all other questions really did all questions in section2
    made a mistake in the thermo chemistry not taking my value out of the equasion and dividing by 2 ://
    KC = 4 btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

It was a lot better than i thought

for Kc I got 4 too :)

nothing really tricky

what the hell was LGW? or whatever?

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement

LPG = Liquid Petrolium Gas
    Other attempts i heard at that : Light-Weight Petrolium Gas, Loose Petrolium Gas

Did anyone else get -3131 or something like that can't remember exactly for the Heat of combustion.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

ah i got 4 for the Kc aswell, im happy now because i could hardly remember.

the heat of combustion should be 2****....i forgot to half it and i got like 5****................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

Yay! I got -2881 for that heat of combustion! Paper was grand in general but I screwed up Q3 completely. Did anyone notice that Q11(b) in chemistry was quite like Q12(d) in physics?

• Advertisement

bleh forgot to change the sign of the heat of formation of butane when i turned it around giving me answer 500 higher then i should of had :(

Yay! I got -2881 for that heat of combustion! Paper was grand in general but I screwed up Q3 completely. Did anyone notice that Q11(b) in chemistry was quite like Q12(d) in physics?
    yep, nice eh? :)

i ****ed up the chem equlibrium short question on da paper...i knew the colour changes and even recognised the switch...just in a hurry or what ever i put down green -> orange instead of yellow -> orange :( :mad:

Advertisement