Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GL3 Quake'ing!

Options
  • 18-06-2002 9:37am
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Basically I'd like to see a good bit of Q3 at the Galway Lan, so would anyone be interested in running a small Q3 tourney, maybe a 2v2 / 1v1 or even a basic Q3 Tournament (Yes, the one you can select ingame) - Would be funny, especially due to the fact that alcohol is involved :D

Good practice for me, also.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm on for it Andy - I haven't played Q3 since the first Galway LAN :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

*SWEET*

:D

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Right...

I know there's a few competitions in the pipeline anyway (Apparantly) but It'd be nice to go into the LAN knowing there's a QuakeIII definately gettinggeneral interest...

Firstly how many Galway Lanners actually would take part / how good are they!

It'd be nice if it was fair, so maybe seeding is in order!?
    We all know who's good and who isn't :D

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Oh, and there shalt be much demo recording / swapping...
    ...hopefully, anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Willing to play : Yes :)
    Any good : No :(

• Advertisement

Well RaveN, your in the same boat as myself...

Ok here's a question that'll get a few people huffing...

Who IS... Wait for it... The best Quake Player in galweh!?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

#MAURA# is quite obviously in a position of ownership in relation to your pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Originally posted by [-=RaVeN=-]
    Willing to play : Yes :)
    Any good : No :(

Exactly the same as me :(

Oh right #MAURA# - The poor chap that, despite immense QIII Skills, let his guard down at the previous GL and just Happened to be mooned by AngelWhore and was immediately paralyzed by the sheer Quad Effectiveness of his ghastly void!?

Ok - Assuming everyone is going to turn up at the LAN, and say we had a 2 v 2, lets get some team suggestions...

Well i think good times were had by all on the Quake3 side of the Galway lan. I think i got a little bit better each day and i might play online sometime. Also i enjoyed the tournament. It was very tense towards the end but me and Robbo can back from being 10 down to winning by 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

I think sitting next to you raven has done some wierd skills swaping! i got better at cs (shudder) and u got better at q3!
    Excellent!

hehe vol you have joined the Dark side pld :)

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Rory ur banned from playing CS from now on. We need to keep u under strict supervision from now on to ensure that what little Quake skills you have are kept intact. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

well then mabye i shouldn't have played cs for about 6 hrs in nethouse on Fri night! but i played some q3! just my friends are sooo bad that they just quit after like 1 game due to my rapage!
    but my ra 2 skills are getting better (Damn u Monty!)

Im ****e at Quake3 :D:D:D

U need training Ropeh! Play it more often against good players.

I did - Was suprised at the talent that emerged in the GL3...

Wont mention any names :D
    I Don't want any Quakers heads inflating, especially now that theres quite a few Galway Lans being planned over the next month or two...

Come to think of it I wasn't that bad at all...
    One thing I'll have to do is practice offense, seeing as (Like all other games I play) I am a lover of defense...

I'll let u join my clan, we need more Galway ppol and it doesnt matter if your crap or u think your crap or whatever. Just show up for games.

Advertisement