Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D Hercules 4500

• 29-07-2001 10:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

Bought the card today, the Kyro II chipset. Loaded the default drivers on the accompanying cd. Ran Mad Onion 3d benchmark 2001 hoping to see a huge improvemnet over my TNT2.

[edit] It's on their (hercules) site. stoopid me redface.gif [/edit]

It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

HIT IT!

[This message has been edited by Q_Ball (edited 29-07-2001).]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

thats to be expected it doesn't mean its a **** card though, only the gf3 can get full potential on 3dmk 2001

im a robot in disguise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Weh.n/m

[This message has been edited by bugler (edited 30-07-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

yep I got one myself, its not good with 2001 mark but with games like UT, Serious sam and Q3 its performs extremely well.

Just out of intrest what CPU you running it on, while my score is bad also in 2001 its well over double what your getting.
    Try it with 3dmark2000 in 32bit colour, it beats most mid range cards then in the same CPU class up to the GF2 GTS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Tried a 3d prophet 4500 on my machine and it worked lovely and smooth. 90 fps in q3 with all the graphix turned on with plenty of bots. but that was prolly helped by my 1gig athlon.

How appropriate you fight like a Cow!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

That 1Ghz with out a shadow of a bout help it..

A Grafics card accelerater.. remeber is a nd accelerater on to uer CPUs proformace.. so if u had even the 1 ghz on a TNT2 card ude be getting good wnough stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Actually i have a 1gig athlon and had a TNT2 before the new card. 128 PC100 tho but i'm looking to get that upgraded when i can finally afford it.

Havent tried it in 3d mark 2000 but will as soon as i find the pc gamer cd smile.gif

It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

HIT IT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

Q-Ball you better pick up some pc 133 its recently started to rise in price again i think some places are selling it for arround £28 for a stick of 128 if you cant afford that then its time for a change of job or to hassle ya dad for more pocket money depending on your situation smile.gif

Stone biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Stonemason (edited 02-08-2001).]

hmm might be the drivers, that score is very low for a 1Ghz athlon, I get way over double that with just a 1Ghz duron.

Funny thing too about 2001... its the same engine as maxpayne and gives such low scores but maxpayne absolutely screams along on my system in 1024x768x32 with everything on medium settings.

What drivers are you using? I use the 7.111a set that came with the card.

Also, i hadnt customized openGL or D3D. what customizations are you using?

Stoney, wanna put some by for me, i'll pay ya when i have the money wink.gif

HIT IT!

[This message has been edited by Q_Ball (edited 02-08-2001).]

I'm using 7.114 drivers you should definitely install those and make sure your running dx8.

Download them from the hercules site:

ftp://ftp.hercules.com/video/exe/KYROBASED/3DPK-9X-7114.exe

Should bring you upto speed.

• Advertisement

DL'd the drivers, gonna give it a shot later.

Thanks a lot spoonman biggrin.gif

HIT IT!

what r u getting now?

im a robot in disguise

Now it wont even run, i get a **** load of CL_FlushEntityPacket errors in HL (not sure if it's a grafix-card prob but it's pnly started since the card has been installed), games seem to stutter now, i cant even play starcraft smoothly anymore frown.gif

I've installed the latest chipset drivers, set AGP aperture to 64mb, made sure AGP speed was on 2x, tried adapter default and optimal refresh rates but it's still fupped.

I'm well and truly píssed off at this stage. Thinking of reinstalling my old TNT2, at least it ****ing worked properly

HIT IT!

[This message has been edited by Q_Ball (edited 09-08-2001).]

methinks u bought a broken one, i have the latest default kyroII drivers from the power vr site and mine works grand, no errors. I think u should replace it, or at least remove all the old drivers and update the new ones and get the kyro tools prog, it'll let u over clock the card and change any settings you like, u can get this from 3d files.com i think, but im not sure cant remember where i got mine from smile.gif

im a robot in disguise

[This message has been edited by ThrAx (edited 09-08-2001).]

Methinks i gots a bo*** one too. gonna change it tomorrow.

cheers thrax

HIT IT!

Ok i have a new board and after tweaking the BIOS i score ~4200 in 3dmark 2000. what is everyone else getting?

HIT IT!

Sounds about right, heres my results:

http://gamershq.madonion.com/compare.shtml?1949899

[This message has been edited by Spoonman (edited 17-08-2001).]

cool i finally got it sorted except....

Have you suffered and occasional picture tearing?

and are you using any of the 3d optimisations for the card?

HIT IT!

Advertisement