Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDS for MUSIC MAGAZINE

Options
  • 18-06-2002 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Putting together a New Music Magazine for local band in Dublin to get some recognition! its going to be called RAWK!! and therell be 5,000 copies spread out around dublin.

Basically itll be a proper magazine, full colour and itll come with a compilation CD. The Magazine will feature 15 bands in each issue and have full info, interviews, pictures, a gig guide for each band and a track on the cd from your band and 14 others.

after youve been in the magazine once, our website will keep updating info and gig dates for your band.

we have partial sponsorship from the likes of hobo and whelans among others. please let me know if youre interested at all in participating in this magazine, our goal is to get dublin music heard and get rid of any pop lurking about the streets:)

thanks for your time hope to hear from you soon!
    (please post your interest here and your email address and we'll be in touch)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

Your magazine sounds like a brillant idea. I'd love to help you out but if it means writing reveiws of bands, i dont know if i could be any help as i've never done anything like that before, but i could always try! If you need anything else done for your magazine i'd love to help.
    You can email me at biZrb@exite.com.
    Oh and best of luck with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭manofspeed

Music PR, I've sent you an email
    Just in case you didn't get it, email me at speedmanband@hotmail.com

cheers
    Paul
    www.speedman.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 MusicPR

THANKS A MILLION bizRB!! wow:) thatd prolly be a big help im gonna hold the interviews with the band as well and speed man, im friends with your manager......was it you DJing at howl at the moon????

yea its gonna be great like hotpress only for the local bands to get their name out there......

thanks man of speed ill check the email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 veeda

hi music PR,

will it be all kinds of independent music or just RAWK!! bands? : )
    i would be interested in helping out as well with reviews/ articles etc.

my email addy is veeda00@hotmail.com

v.good idea b.t.w. just what we need here! when do you plan on getting the 1st issue out and how would we get a copy...?

hi veeda,

well we're hoping to get all the material together in 2-3 weeks and getting it published in about 1 1/2 months.....we're gonna get it in shops all around temple bar and by whelans..... around where rockers hang out....

itll be for mainly rock music, anything guitar based....rock, punk, metal, acoustic, singer song writer....basically indie rock:) anything really:)

we're have a few ppl working on it right now, but i will let you know if theres anything we DO need help with thanks a million!! ill keep you all posted:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 veeda

deadly - i'll be keeping an eye out for that!:)

when you have the website going send me a link and i'll plug it on my own at http://www.veeda.net

You might also put a message up on www.gigsmartireland.com (it's like a band co-op site).

Good Luck!
    veeda

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

I help run a fansite and i could link your site on it, im also writting something for a english fanzine and they have a website and i could get them to link you on their site aswell. And i'll make to buy your magazine aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

sounds great - i look forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

thats a deadly idea, fair play to you syb

GREAT STUFF GUYS thanks!!!! :p you all rock!! we'll keep ya posted!!!

• Advertisement

hey mickers im guessin:) wwasnt my idea, talk to gav about it i think he spoke with the publisher!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

yeah great stufff! i'll have to check that out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Faile

Hey MusicPR,
    would be interested in talking to you alright, you can mail me at kathryn@abandcalledsomeday.com

And if you're looking for info on the band at all, it's all posted on the site (www.abandcalledsomeday.com)

Hope to hear form you soon,
    ~Kathryn

Advertisement