Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat Dates for Cork!!

Options
  • 18-06-2002 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Please dont flame me, if this information is already known/has been posted on this board, I havent seen it, but maybe I didnt look hard enough.

I rang Esat Business just 5 minutes ago to ask about dates for adsl in Cork. These are the dates for rollout:

Exchange Name - Month

Churchfied - July
    Quaker Road - August
    Cork Central - November

He didnt have info on other exchanges.

link for cork numbers/excahnges>

http://ocean.ucc.ie/02/tjod1/exchange.html

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

ere, ring him back and ask about the Ballincollig exchange =)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I would assume that Ballincollig is the other exchange. A fifth, Hettyfield, was removed from Esat's rollout plan due to objections by Eircom, who cited concerns with [no no no bad adam]. The objection was not challenged by Esat; however the exchange seems to service residences in Ballinlough and Douglas primarily, so assuming it doesn't serve the Douglas village area, this is understandable. It's not a particularly big exchange, although I would challenge that there isn't room for expansion.

Unfortunately, Hettyfield is my exchange. Figures, eh? :)

adam

From info through the Cork WAN network of emails i've been informed it was upgraded around same time as churchfield, wish someone would offer it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭timod

Originally posted by dahamsta

Unfortunately, Hettyfield is my exchange.

Ditto... d'ya reckon they've something against us? hehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

well im completely disgusted. completely and utterly disgusted. :(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Quaker Road is mine , nice one , just 2 months to wait! (what are the odds on August 2003 though hehe)

I stand corrected, the fourth Esat exchange /isn't/ Ballincollig.

adam

oh gawd =/. i hope this doesnt mean im stuck with the "bargin prices" of eircom.

I contacted Esat this afternoon to enquire about their rollout plan, however their press officer was unable to take my call[1]. I have her name and number and will try again tomorrow. I actually have an idea which exchange it is[2], but I don't want to tread on any toes. And I obviously want to enquire about the rest of their rollout plan, which is presumably proprietry, but it's not as if everyone important doesn't know, and we couldn't find out if we wanted to anyway...

adam

[1] The conversation probably went along the lines: "Oh, not him, I couldn't handle him now. Fob him off." :)
    [2] Ok, I /know/ which it is, I'm just not telling!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

How far do you have to be from an exchange to get broadband? My town is right next to one of those earmarked for it and it would be agonizing not to be able to get DSL despite it been so close

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

About 3km for DSL. That's not as the crow flies, it's as the cable runs - over hill, across dale and up poles.

You obviously need to be on the DSL enabled exchange as well. And have happy clean copper in your phone line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

The link in the first post has a list of all the exchange in the 021 aera

Advertisement