Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharing Query

Options
  • 18-06-2002 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

Before I get into details, let me point out that I have shared before with little or no problems.

What are most peoples opinions here about sharing - a great way to split costs, thats what I thought

However what if you were sharing with someone who has a child. Not let me make it clear that the child in question only visits at the weekends and she is 7. And more then likely the renter and child would probably head to parents for part of the weekend?

What do people think?I only ask because I moved back home last year, and am considering moving out again (possible, no definitely sharing, sicne prices in Dublin a flucking joke). Does anyone think I would run into serious problems while looking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Think of yourself becoming a live-in "uncle" type character, this has the advantages (you get to see a child grow up, without the usual level of responsibility, saner household*) and dis-advantages (fewer all night parties*, occassional inconvenience & tantrums, necessity to be considerate around the child).

May work the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

I don't see a problem. I haven't encountered it my self but 2 separate houses my sisters share have a similar situation and everyone in the house ends up adopting the kid and spoiling it :)
    Just ask before you move in. If they say no then they are not the sort of people you want to live with anyway.

Sorry Ph3n0m, are you the one with the 7 yo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I should have made that clearer, I am the one with a 7yo.

As mentioned before I had moved out with ppl, some time ago, but with one thing and another (least of all redundancy - thank you very much eircom.........lol), I moved back to my parents, and am now seriously considering moving back out again. I am just trying to get peoples opinions on whether they think I would run into any problems with my little girl (who I mentioned I only see at the weekends)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Personally, if any of my housemates were in the same situation, I would be cool with it - but different strokes for different folks - I'm sure there has to be some people out there who wouldn't mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Personally, unless the house was really nice and the rent was reasonable, that's the only way you'd get me to live in a house with chislers! In fact even then I probably wouldn't move in. But I hate kids :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Originally posted by eth0_
    Personally, unless the house was really nice and the rent was reasonable, that's the only way you'd get me to live in a house with chislers! In fact even then I probably wouldn't move in. But I hate kids :)

lol, reassuring bloody honesty

Hang on, she would only be staying one or two nights a week? I don't see any problem unless your prospective house/flatmates insist on partying on Saturday nights.

Advertisement