Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App Maths

Options
  • 18-06-2002 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

grrr why am i doing app maths. i hate having everyone else finished before me!

Ohh well guess i have a few days to cover the course.
    does anyone have a list of what each question is....? i know i should know but i don't. At least i have the past ten years solutions to go through. Would just be nice to know what each question is meant to be. I presume it's laid out similar to maths.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Q1 Linear Motion
    Q2 Relitive Velocity
    Q3 Projectiles
    Q4 Newton's Laws and Connected Particals
    Q5 Impacts And Collisions
    Q6 SHM + Circular motion
    Q7 Statics
    Q8 Hydrostatics (i think..)
    Q9 uggg don't even know :)
    Q10 Differential equasions

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭biteme

cheers.

Just wondering how everyone is sorted for it? Are there many others in my situation who started the course this year? I know it's a short course but it would be so much easier if i had been doing this for two years.

jesus now ye are just fishing to increase yer post count...

and i see you have ported your signature from yer quit message on irc :)

and well i'm not...but i know a few who are if that makes u any better? and they have 2 years more applied maths than u

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I took it up this year, it was a big mistake. I have had to put in far more effort into it than other subjects and i probably won't get the same return grade wise. It really depends on the paper tomorrow although judging from the excellent grades in applied maths last year this years exam is going to be tough :(

Anyone reading this i wouldn't recommend you take up applied maths in one year unless you are an A1-A2 standard in honours maths and have physics

If anyone has any big tips etc then please pass them on, i'm desperate!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BTBB

Q9 is hydrostatics
    Q8 is rigid body rotation

I started it in 5th year. Our classes mainly involved talking for 30 mins and 10 mins of work. At the start of 6th year it changed to 40 mins talk.

On the other hand I got 299/300 in the pre so I'm not too worried except for the fact that I don't have papers.

There's plenty of overlap with both physics(most questions) and maths(vectors, shortest perp. to line, general algebra). The course could be covered in 6 months without too many problems.

I think there is at least one person in LC considering taking it up. Our teacher normally teaches people the entire course in the 3 day gap between exams. He did very little for us in class beyond the first month.

BTBB

• Advertisement

well i did full course this year with 2 classes a week...was grand imo got 295/300 in the pree........didn't think u could get 299/300? how do u lose one? ain't it like a min of 2/3 for a slip?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

/me laughs

jesus i did most of the course but decided not to do the exam and boy am i happy now that im finished

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

You can get -1 for not breaking down a fraction.

o right.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

I took up applied maths this year, glad I did (meant I could drop to pass Irish without stressin bout whether id be throwin minimal points away) tho its a pain in the ass not being finished yet. I'm the only one in my school doing it so on friday afternoon its just going to be me and the evil supervisor in the room for 2 and a half hours! Yay fun.
    On the bright side, pissup at weekend and my 18th birthday is monday!

• Advertisement

tho its a pain in the ass not being finished yet. I'm the only one in my school doing it so on friday afternoon its just going to be me and the evil supervisor in the room for 2 and a half hours! Yay fun.
    ye never know yer luck he might be real nice to u being the only one there and like let u have an open book exam....or yer teacher in to assist :p
    On the bright side, pissup at weekend and my 18th birthday is monday!
    v. nice, gl with that :) mine's not till july...............still tho major pissup anyhoooo :D

Advertisement