Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How about this for service from Eircom?

Options
  • 18-06-2002 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Phoned them at 4.30 pm last Friday to order ISDN, the engineer arrived this morning at 9 am to install it. Now I've got to wait for An Post to deliver the TA.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

eircom TA's suck bollox btw, you really shud have order an asus isdnlink or eicon diva elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭b4k4^2

That's all very well and nice but i would fine it a helluva lot more impressive if it were DSL.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭oisin

I wanted DSL, but they can't tell me when. I've waited for the past 2 years for cable(NTL) , never delivered, DSL (God knows when), so I decided to go for ISDN for the moment until things improve. BTW I did get the Eicon Diva through Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by oisin
    I wanted DSL, but they can't tell me when.

Call me cynical, but that smacks of blatant "milk the dying cow" mentality from Eircom.

Customer: "Hi, I'd like DSL"
    EirScum: "I'm sorry ... we can't tell you when you can have it. Why don't you order *cough* Hi-Speed whilst you wait" ??

T*ts to that ........ I'm not giving those cockroaches any more money than I have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I orderd my ISDN line yesterday evening. I'm in an area where I could get ADSL but what's the point €79 + VAT for a 3 GIG cap. Like owning a Ferrari and only being allowed to fill up your tank once every month. You cant have your cake and eat it. So I've settled for a Mr. Kipling French Fancy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

why don't you try eircom's 1mb line. I know it's expensive 169 euro but there's no limit to what you can download and it works out at around 42 euro a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Originally posted by CivilServant
    why don't you try eircom's 1mb line. I know it's expensive 169 euro but there's no limit to what you can download and it works out at around 42 euro a week.

You must be one wealthy Civil Servant. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Eircom don't give out 1meg lines as easy as 1-2-3. There are some criteria like a network with 4+ computers or something like that. Could be wrong. Anyway, I'm not spending €169 + VAT per month for the luxury of a 1meg line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Nah I'm on pittance actually. But I'll go without food as long as I get my sweet connection. Will be a while though. Have to bring my puter up to Dooblin first.

Why would I need a network? No offence, TinCool but if I give them the hard cash then I'll damn well shove it up my arse if I felt that way inclined.

Doesn't coyote have a 1mb conn?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭lynchie

Originally posted by TinCool
    Eircom don't give out 1meg lines as easy as 1-2-3. There are some criteria like a network with 4+ computers or something like that. Could be wrong. Anyway, I'm not spending €169 + VAT per month for the luxury of a 1meg line.

AFAIK, Eircom cannot dictate that you have to have 4+ computers connected for i-stream enhanced nor can they force you to spend €900 for a survey and router. Once your line passes and you pay them their connection fee and monthly fee they have to provide the service to you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement