Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non For Profit

Options
  • 18-06-2002 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I am currently setting up my own company. This is my first business venture. I really need advise on non for profit status. I would be very grateful if there is anyone out there that could give me some advise.

Thankyou
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I don't think "not for profit" status exists as a separate concept here. Yes, you can have "charity" status and "limited by guarantee", but otherwise just operate as either a sole trader (cheap, but you are responsible for losses) or a limited company (incurs audit costs, but gives you personal protection).

Do you want to explain a bit more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Just set yourself up in the normal manner as a company.(As Victor siad as a sole tradr or Ltd. Co.) If you dont make profit then you have no tax liability. No sweat.- You'll only have to have an audit if your turnover is over around €60k.

As for charitable trusts, you have a very slim chance of establishing such status, save proof of public benefit etc.- A burden which is quite high given decisons in such cases as determined by the Rev Comms.

If you want any further advice, you'll have to disclose some more info. I'm a little intrigued as to your motives :)

Advertisement