Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vampire:Masquerade

• 18-06-2002 10:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

I read some of this 'paper+pencil' RPG a few years back, loved the background "fluff" info. Going to buy it now.
    Was IR£18, now €35, after only 5-6 years.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Maybe you shold post this in the roleplaying forum unless someone is making a Movie/TV show about it :P

Met some of the game's player's a few year's back at a convension and all is can say is what a bunch of ****ed up freak's.Hell they made Goth's look normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

I will not comment on the Freak part... I heard that one so many times...

As for the posting to the RPG boards, there has been a TV series made about this game, but it was not as successful as the tabletop/live game are.

Haven't seen it myself though, so I can't say...

Fair enough on the posting in this section comment but the post did seem to be about buying and playing the game more than watching or buying any episodes of the TV show on vidoe/dvd.

I stand by the freak comment tho as these people are scary.The one's I encountered play the game 24/7 and jump into character the minite they see another player no matter where there are.Very odd indeed.

Ok, I admit that gamers together can be difficult to understand. I tend to talk a lot in game terms. But I'm sure that gamers sound to you as a football fan would sound to me: gibberish.

And I find freaky that people enjoy watching 22 guys running after a ball for 1h30. I'd rather go and run after the ball myself, with a bunch of friends, I find it funnier.

It's not because I don't like football that I necessarily dissmiss all football fans as freaks. That's my point.

Learn to know the people you're talking about before criticising them. There are freaks everywhere, and I'd rather talk to some of them than talking to a narrow minded person.

:rolleyes:

Khynareth I did know these people.I worked in an occult bookshop/comic shop/games shop so I encounted these headcases daily for varity of different reasions.

Even going by occult bookshops level of nutjob customers,the vamp rpg dudes were pretty ****ed up.

Maybe you should take some of your own advice about not judging people you dont know bub :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 BeorimJ

I myself am playing Vampire LARP for about 6 years now.
    I got a normal dayjob, i do not wear my fangs in out/offtime.
    There may always be weirdos, but u got them in every part of society.
    I mean... what about occultists? If you do not believe in a set of core beliefs or "special" religions they also are total freaks...

Being 24/7 in-character might be something that shouldn´t be. But talkin about it a lot doesn´t make you a sicko!

Originally posted by BeorimJ
    Being 24/7 in-character might be something that shouldn´t be. But talkin about it a lot doesn´t make you a sicko!

Thanks Beorim! I think it's a passion, like you can ba passionate about anything, from butterflies to cars. You will talk about it because you like it and want to share it, that's all
    Originally posted by Venom

Maybe you should take some of your own advice about not judging people you dont know bub

I get that bit all right, I just get very annoyed when people call me a freak just because I roleplay. I tend to give everybody a chance, talk to them first, then make my opinion.
    Now the reaction I get from 99% people is 'ah you do THAT, do you?' As if I had some kind of shamefull disease or had killed million people.
    A person saying they are Nazi would get much less dirty looks than I get for being a role player.

So yes, you have met freaks, fine. I have to, and they were not all role players.

But true, this also should be on the RPG board, so I'll stop moaning... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Qualin Hess

Yeah leave Khynareth alone, were all freaks together, no need to pick on her. Btw hi BeorimJ hows Germany treating ya any good games there?

A person saying they are Nazi would get much less dirty looks than I get for being a role player.

But Nazi's wore really cool looking uniform's unlike most Vamp Larper's who look like freaks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Originally posted by Venom

Even going by occult bookshops level of nutjob customers,the vamp rpg dudes were pretty ****ed up.

p

The ones you noticed may have been, the same as the trekkies that learn klingon, or folks who wear football jerseys to the pub and spend the night singing Ole fkn ole. Not to mention man's age old need to hate his customers ( as computer users I hate you all btw, equally of course ;) ).
    Then again this board has it's roots in gaming, Quake actually since it spawned from Quake.ie if memory serves. Not too long ago anyone playing video games seriously was considered Fkd up. So, 'guess we're all scr3w3d....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Well, I posted more so to do with the "fluff" and background material, rather then playing the game.
    I played it a few times when i was like 12, but it never really took hold of me.

Move the thread if it offends you :)

Tbh, if it was a film/tv series i'd have posted the films/TV board, this being Sci-Fi/Fantasty, I thought it would belong here.

Sorry. :)

Advertisement