Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is a Pc Game.....A PC GAME???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by SyxPak
    merchandising barbie doll sims.

... which you'd never buy... of course... would you???

:D:confused::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Originally posted by GreenHell
    To my quiet limited knowledge isn't a PC game a PC game when a publisher goes, "well we can make even more money if we release it on pc as well".

Quite the opposite in my opinion. All the classic console titles that are to remain console titles is when the publisher goes "well, we wouldnt make any more money porting it fto the PC. It would cost to much to convert, and the market isnt as great."

Final Fantasy 9+10, Metal Gear Solid 2, Any Nintendo game. None to grace our PC's...its probably for the best. GTA3 may be easier to control, but the performance issues and bugs just dont make it worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

MGS2:Substance is PC bound though, innit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by Venom
    SyxPak I did not mean that GTA3 was not a good game as it rocks on the PS2 and I really enjoyed it.Can't comment on the PC version as I would not play/buy it for the PC due to having played it on another format already.

What I ment was that it was a game that was made for the console market and later ported over to the PC.This in my book makes it a console game but thats not a bad thing in any way.

The topic of this tread was what makes a game belong to one format and not the other when out for both formats,not an is this game any good type topic.

While I agree with your post about GTA3 I think your post is about a different subjet to what my post was about.
    GTA1/2 were both released on PC first.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Are you sure about that Celt?
    I thought so too myself, but I haven't bother to try and find out for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

GTA1/2 were both released on PC first.

What's your point? Venom was talking about GTA3, not 1 or 2, as is patently obvious from the bit you quoted...

This thread is painfully close to being one of those lame platform advocacy threads we all love so much... Nakey, as per, hit the nail on the head though. Play games for fun. Who CARES what platform you play them on? If you aren't playing them for fun and entertainment, go find another hobby, this one is wasted on you.

Oh and er, to the guy who claimed that the Xbox stole the PC's second-best game, I humbly suggest that you actually PLAY Halo, and then come back and tell me it's the second best PC game ever. I'll laugh in your face, but at least it'll be entertaining!

Rob
    (Currently playing, in an entirely non-serious way, Jade Coccoon 2 and Ace Combat 04 on the PS2, Zone of the Enders on the GBA, Pikmin on the Cube and rediscovering the joys of Hostile Waters on the PC. For FUN.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by Shinji

What's your point? Venom was talking about GTA3, not 1 or 2, as is patently obvious from the bit you quoted...
    No not patently obvious.
    Venom
    Not a PC game
    GTA 1-2-3
    Syxpak
    GTA1-2-3 are PC games imho.
    They are a hell of a lot mre fun to play - specially in multiplayer and they look far and away better on a PC.
    Venom
    What I ment was that it was a game that was made for the console market and later ported over to the PC.This in my book makes it a console game but thats not a bad thing in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

i'm not saying halo is crap (looks sweet) on the x-box. but it was meant for the pc and then mircosoft bought bungie so they can sell the game on the x-box. so they sell more x-boxs. personal I think doom 3 looks lot sexer but i've not played the game yet to tell whats it like to halo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

but it was meant for the pc

1. It was originally destined for the Mac.

2. Halo, as it exists today, is worlds away from what it would have been like on the PC/Mac. When it switched format to XBox, it was basically redesigned as a console shooter and maintained only the basic essence of the original. The current Halo would not work well at all on the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

hehe, true nakey :)

What about Unix/Linux/BSD games?
    Tux racer anyone? Console or PC game?

• Advertisement
Advertisement