Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Komplett.ie return service

• 19-06-2002 9:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

OK we all know they have great prices and their shipping is ultra fast and cheap... more often than not next day...

Anyway i bought almost a whole system off them.. the barebones... case, mem, cpu and mobo... after 2 days my Athlon 2100xp fried.. not from overheating or anything... up till then there had been lockups which i put down to software but was happening in 2 os's... the fried chip 2 days later she new light on it. Anyway... that 2as about 3 weeks ago when it fried.. however... it seems longer as it has been 3 weeks but im taking into account the time it took for the faulty goods to reach them, bank holiday and queens Jubilee
    meant the package did not leave Dublin till Tuesday the 4th so one week and it arrived there on the 10th, they sent me an email letting me know.

I sent them a mail yesterday asking for an update, i got a reply within a few hours saying a new one will ship in the next few days..

This morning i got an email saying cpu has shipped! so i should litterally have it before the week is out.. shipped by DHL so depends on when it leaves.. could even have it tomorrow.

So my 2 cents is Komplett rule!!! Much faster return service than Scan.co.uk... even taking if i take the whole 3 weeks it still works out 2 weeks less than Evilgeorge's scan mobo... took well over a month "eh yeah its still in testing".

Thumbs up scan!! :D:D:D

Do you agree? 9 votes

I heartily endorse the prodouct and/or service
    0% 0 votes
    No thats not my experience and dont agree
    88% 8 votes
    Komplett who? Aka Atari Jaguar
    11% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Why does your post end with "Thumbs up scan!!"??

I RMAed a mobo, took 6 weeks to get it back and they refused to RMA it because of "user misuse". Not exactly impressed.

Matt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Did the smily faces not give the sarcasm away? lol

Anyway the thread is about how good Komplett are... by any chance did you vote you dissagree? If so remember its NOT about scan, the scan ref is there for the extreme view... i.e scan = crap and Komplett = God like service!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Yes Matt, but did you modify the board or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭halfab

Their Returns system works but its slow.. 4 weeks for a return stick of DDR ram..

and yea I wouldn't touch SCAN..

are you talking about scan or komplett on that stick of ram?
    Their Returns system works but its slow.. 4 weeks for a return stick of DDR ram..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by Gerry
    Yes Matt, but did you modify the board or not?

Well, I wasnt really criticising them for not RMAing it because of tampering.. but because of the 6 weeks of promises. Every week they told me the board was "held up in the UK, it will be with us in two days".

I did tamper with the board (sprayed it with clear sealant), but the problem had nothing to do with that (CPU socket got damaged by Retail Heatsink IMO). It generated a vocal (the board tells you about errors verbally) error many ASUS users have experienced "System Failed CPU Test".

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭halfab

are you talking about scan or komplett on that stick of ram?

Komplett .

Hey matt, the boad i got off Komplett was an Asus a7v333, it has the voice instead of beep codes... did not actually get to test them. The cpu burnt out... not through lack of cooling mind you. Anyway its also supposed to have thermal protection so that sort of thing cant happen... Now if thats the board you had, do you know if anything needs to be enabled for thermal protection? Im getting the new cpu soon so would like the board set up for optimal perf before i stick the new one in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

What does the voice say ? "ouch" , "no video" ???

Have not tested it yet but you get software to customise the message so you might even be able to stick on some startrek error message if your sad enough...

Anyway got my CPU yesterday.. all is well.. also ordered a 120gig IBM hard disk and cheapy Geforce 2MX with TV out for the older system (stick the GF3 in new one) and that just arrived today according to DHL tracking... this overnight delivery is great!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement