Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Camera Buying Advice

• 19-06-2002 10:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭

Budget €300
    Required for web images, so should i get a 1.3+megapixel or a lower(cheaper) one as images are going to reduced to around 640*480 anyway.

Looking to purchase one, probably online. Definelty has to be USB(seen a com port one upload images - ahhhhhh).

Advice is greatly appreciated.

May also consider 2nd user camera as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Gorthaur

There ar lots out there. 1.3Mpixel should do fine for what you want. I have a dc210+ (KODAK) and it has 1.2Mpixels and gives good images all the way up to 1024*768. The higher end megapixels camera have pushed the 1.x-2.x range down considerable in price.
    Most support USB now but mine does serial (slooooow) however as mine has a compact flash card I can take out there are parallel readers which treat it like another hard disk .

If you get one with CF memory cards then Lexar.com or scan.co.uk have the lowest prices for extra cards I've seen.
    Lexar do them up to 800Mb !!!

personally I don't lek the oe with just internal memory as you can't upgrade, but that a personal preference.

Advertisement