Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SG1 season 6 opener

Options
  • 19-06-2002 1:42pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

Just watched Redemption Part 1 and have seen a third of Part 2. Wow... it is superb, if Redemption is anything to go by then season 6 will be the best season of SG1 ever.

O'Neill: "Hammond is insisting SG1 needs a socio-political nerd to offset our overwhelming coolness."

tiheehehe :)

Oh, and unfortunately for those who cannot get to see the episodes from 'other sources' season 6 won't be aired in the UK until september :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

That's great to here bro but in allfairness to Stargate there havent been many bad episodes of the show.

September aint to long to wait either and I thought it would be sometimes next year till it was aired over here.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Yeah thats true but this raises the standard even higher. Its got a load of really funny moments, serious moments (emotionally dramatic, 'oh we're screwed' dramatic etc) and some superb action scenes. Season 5 was a bit disappointing i thought but this is looking very, very, very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Well, it seems I'm wrong then...I'd heard the show had been cancelled ages ago - seems like its still going strong!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Hmmm from that O Neill Quote it looks to me like theyre replacing Daniel Jackson. Quess ill have to wait till september to find out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

And Descent is good too. :) Can anyone guess why O'Neill was so reluctant to choose Daniel's replacement (other than being given the choice of a Russian instead)? :)
    It's the guy who could have died instead of Daniel in Meridian (only he was too scared to jump through the window and save the planet, so Daniel did it). Jonas is his name, and he saves Earth in Redemption
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Damn you! Damn you to hell with your all-too-tempting "spoiler" warning....;)

Also, FYI, there is yet another new 'opening theme' (or whatever it's called) from ep4, Frozen. Shows clips from episodes of each character 'in action'. Certainly more interesting than the first 5 seasons, and the new one used for eps 1 - 3. One bit of O'Neill is what I beleive to be a bit from the ep being shown tonight in the US (6).

Daniel fans will be happy with 6x06 Abyss
    . ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 General_Lee_Erudite

FYI, I was reading SFX and a couple of other mags and I thought you would all be interested to hear that:

(1) Michael Shanks who plays Daniel is gone! He has been written out of the script.
    (2)The postion now available in SG1 will be filled by new member. I saw his picture but I can't remember what he is from.
    (3)I think, now don't hold me to this, but I think that this is the final season.
    (4)The reason that this is the final season is that there has been some speculation that there has been some fallings out in the SG camp between Amanda Tapping and series exec because all other member of SG1 have written and directed an episode whereas Sam has not yet.

Can anyone confirm if these are true or just rumour.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

yeah season 6 is great so far probably the best, the new lad jonas is fitting in well and they're a few funny moments. I've seen the first 5 episodes in season 6 - they're all great, some really good twists too they don't turn out like you'd expect.

I think in the 6th episode out very soon in the U.S

Oneill will get a a gould from one of the tokra ... really looking forward to that episode.

• Advertisement

I've only seen the first 4 episodes, but from what i've seen its shaping up to be one of the best seasons. Probably the second best start to a season followed by season 4, but then season 4 dropped in quality later on, hopefully season 6 will match season 3 (popularily regarded as the best sg1 season).

There is also talk of there being a 7th sg1 season (not directed by Brad Wright, he'd be working on the new spin-off atlantis), this largely depends on Richard Dean Anderson though. One can hope :)

General_Lee_Erudite,
    1) Daniel has made a guest appearance in Abyss, quite a good ep. I think he'll be back for another.
    2) Jonas Quinn...from Meridian in S5.
    3) Probably
    4) No idea.

m1ke,
    He got the tok'ra in Frozen, 6x04, after he was infected with the disease and the 'Ancient' they dug up couldnt cure him.
    Thought you'd seen it though?

Season6, imho, is good...a bit more like the X Files though rather than previous seasons....less stargating so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

If a "sci-fi" makes it past season 5, then its elite and generally very good but Buffy would strain that theory..nah pi$$ on it.

SG1 has gotten better and better as each season progressed but i have yet to see an episode to beat upgrades*

*imo ppl, imo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Tom

September 24th Sky 1 for new series.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I always loved SG1, but can anyone tell me what series channel4 has reached? thats where i watch it every sunday :)

Season4. Ep 14 next Sunday.

apparently the scifi channel in the US will be going on hiatus meaning that sky will air the sg1 s6 finale before they do.

Originally posted by General_Lee_Erudite
    (4)The reason that this is the final season is that there has been some speculation that there has been some fallings out in the SG camp between Amanda Tapping and series exec because all other member of SG1 have written and directed an episode whereas Sam has not yet.

Thats completely wrong. As the ratings in the US have been so good they are currently considering doing a season 7, but the reason it is doubtful is because the star, Richard Dean Anderson, doesn't want to do a 7th season as he has a 3 year old daughter.

Afaik, all the other cast would be perfectly happy to do a 7th season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

god damn u all with ur spoilers.
    i had to read every single one of em :(

Im really looking forward to the new series now. I wasnt a fan of the show at first but now i cant get enough. (season 2 i became one btw )

There have been only a handful of episodes that i didn't like.

Yep, as usual Sky will be ahead in the screenings of SG1 in the new year. If there are no breaks in the screenings, we should start to get new episodes around mid December, assuming they dont stop showing them like last year for a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭pendulum

Stargate is indeed Ace !!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

D/L'ed and watched Season 6 Ep 6 Abyss. Very cool.
    T
    is a bit of a kick in the stones though, ive seen the first 6 weeks of Stargate. What to watch on tv now?? oh well, guess college might get some attention at last!!

Advertisement