Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classical Stuides

Options
  • 19-06-2002 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

What ya make of it ?

Was happy with the Plato, plays and Epics was in trouble on some of Alex and Pelo wars

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 alex122

I thought the paper was very fair but i did do slightly different topics than you:

Alexander the Great: Luckily our teacher said she thought Thebes and the Battle of Issus would come up as it wasn't on for a while.. so that was fine.

Greek Drama: Q's were fine.. I did the Prometheus Bound Question and the Medea one. Both were decent enough you just had to know the plays well... should have done more study for it.

Augustan Writers... fair questions but my worst section due to lack of study...

Greek Art & Architecture: Lovely question on the Parthenon Frieze and also the temples... where you got 20 marks for just dating them and naming the order.
    And then 30 marks for describing the plans in front of you (Photos A&B)

So IMO overall it was a grand paper.. but with it being my last and also the amount of time I had to study b4 hand I did little or no study and still got through it ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Yeah it went totally grand !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I just didnt read Wheeler'stupid book so I didnt know why the Hell he said the Ara Pacis wasnt frigid, knew everything else about it though. Oh thats a fantastic piece of Architecture.

Respect Agustus! Big up yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

what where the emporer and plato questions?? i'm only in 5th year :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Not sure what your on about with Emporer questions but in Plato the ones I anwsered were a question about the Similies and the perfect republic

• Advertisement
Advertisement