Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New mobo and processor

Options
  • 19-06-2002 6:37pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭

Ok, so i just got myself a new a-bit kx7-333 motherboard and amd 1900xp+ with a fan rated for a 2000xp+, think it would run stable and at a fairly decent temperature if i upped the speed rate to 2000xp?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

What type of sink is it?
    Usually the ones ya buy in shops still run very hot when ya use them on the rated chips.
    Also oc'ing the chip drops the temp at which your cpu will crash at and raises the heat it produces.
    Run it a the stock speed and put it under some pressure and if the temps are ok (30-40ish) then try a small oc and keep going till its unstable and drop back a bit.
    I bought an Alpha PAL 8045 and have my XP19000 at 1.73GHz(XP2100) running at 41*c load most of the time depending on the room temp.
    Invest in a good sink and it will serve you well.
    Good Luck with it

Advertisement