Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Case Linning / Acoustical Sound Damping

• 15-08-2001 9:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

What linning would yea use do dampen the sound from inside your case (of fans heatsinks and genral noise)?

All i have found so far is Acoustical Damping Sheets but there quite expensive.

Cr8or

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭hudson806

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cr8or:
    What linning would yea use do dampen the sound from inside your case (of fans heatsinks and genral noise)?
    </font>

Its usually easier to just change over to quiet fans and hard disk enclosures. Try quietpc.com if this tickles your fancy. It isn't too cheap though - aoubt STG40 for the power supply, STG20 for the processor fan and STG20 for the hard disk enclosure.

In all fairness though, its good stuff - I use all three on my Gateway PC (For anyone who's never heard a Gateway, they sound like jet engines), and consider it money well spent.

Its still not totally silent though.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pokes

Cr8or use dynamat , its for sound deadning in cars and will drastically reduce the noise the exits from your pc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,463 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I've more fans inside these systems than you could shake a stick at, personally i find the jet engine effect on boot rather invigorating.
    After that the speakers kick in and my ears get tickled biggrin.gif (rather loud music takes over)

Push The Tempo.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

turn off your pc and go and play in the sun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

thanks for the help lads

Pokes ill look into it asap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Just a quickie: wouldn't the dampening inside the case rise the temperature?
    Also, wouldn't oiling the fans help a bit?

Beware the power of a well trained mob
    Hobbes - Ooohh Shinji ;) I would accuse you of Equestrian necrophilia but I would just be flogging a dead horse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

yep it would and ive done it on all the fans (but not my heatsink) the problem is that the sound from the heatsink alone is to much.

Also it dosent bring the tempature up that much.

Advertisement