Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

modens

• 20-08-2001 5:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

what are the best 56k moden around to buy any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

hardware one usualy . but not sure the make .

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Fand

I assume you're talking internal (in other words a PCI card) rather than external. I bought a 3Com a few months ago and I'm very happy with it.

I think 3Com is the best-selling PCI card modem in any case, and when I opened up the box, what was stamped on it only "Made in Ireland", which made me happier still.

The week I bought it all the modems in the shop had sold out, as there had been a lightning storm that week and a lot of sad little puters were nuked. So I got the last one in the shop. Apropos nothing, like. Except maybe don't leave your modem plugged into the phone line during lightning storms if you live in the mountains. And maybe even if you don't.

Advertisement