Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access Control and Tomcat 4.0

Options
  • 20-06-2002 4:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

Right if this is in the wrong place move it ;)
    -[The reason I placed it here, is because Tomcat is primarily used as a Java web app test environment, as opposed to being just a standard web server.]-

I was just wondering does anyone know if access control (.htaccess) is available on Tomcat 4.0. I have spent the last half hour, parsing through the T4.0 docs, and have found nothing. The only thing do to with security is with Java Permissions (ie, what a hosted web app can & can't do, Eg access server's local filesystem, or establish a socket connection).

I have found a few web sites on the subject, but they just deal with the standard apache server, and not tomcat. If anyone is interested in that BTW, this one is good (but basic): http://codesorcery.net/authentication/

Any links or advice with Tomcat in mind would be appreciated :)

advTHANKSance ;)

;-phobos-)

Comments

Advertisement