Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memory Problem

• 20-06-2002 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

Well it's my sister's problem really. She has a pc at home which I use sometimes and it's really annoyed when you can't open decent sized applications like WMPlayer or get winamp to play anything. Why? Out of Memory.

First of all it's got 192mb, but on the system startup it registers only 64mb. And the boot up takes ages. When you eventually get the desktop the normal wallpaper disappears and is replaced by that restore my active directory or something like that. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Gaz

how much memory shows up during the post or in the bios ? If its the same as in windows, your memory is either dead or you put in some incompatable memory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Either that or its not seated right.. reseat the mem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

I suppose I could reset the memory. Do you mean I physically take the RAM out and chuck it back in again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Gaz

Yup ! Also if you have a spare mem slot try it in that

Advertisement