Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would You Pay For U.K Terrestrial Channels ?

• 20-06-2002 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi,
    Would you pay for the U.K channels ? I would be willing to pay anything up to EUR10.00 a month for the U.k channels like channel 4 BBC 4 BBc news 24 ITV 1 Itv 2 Utv Channel 5 Etc. people are always yapping on about they should be made availble in R.O.I but as we irish dont pay a license fee to the U.K i think it would only be fair we paid for the U.k channels on sky. I think it should be pointed out to sky, the bbc, itv, Etc. that we would pay for their channels and thus are losing valuable revune. the same goes for the British who want to recieve Rte Etc. in the uk. Sky could have it like this family Pack + now with ITv 1 itv 2 bbc 1 2 4 and news 24 and channel 4 and channel 5 would sell better than family Pack now with Simply shopping and the god channel !.
    So lets point this out to them,
    P.s is it true that BBC 1 and 2 NI are going to be taken of the epg ? .

Regards Culchie Boy.

Would You Pay For U.K Terrestrial Channels ? 27 votes

Yes, Pay for all of them.
    0% 0 votes
    No, we should get them all free.
    48% 13 votes
    Pay separatley for Itv
    40% 11 votes
    Pay separatley for the BBC
    0% 0 votes
    Pay separatley for Ch4 and Ch5
    11% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

most of those ar eon digital.
    the only terestrial channels i get are bb1, bbc2, itv, ch4 adn channel 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭trekster

Id pay because rights issues could be fixed with a few euros a month but i wouldnt be pushed about channel 5, Can i have BBC choice insted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

Don't be putting these ridiculous ideas into people's heads.
    If we did have to pay for them, it would mean that the people who had FTV cards would also have to pay for the extra channels, and that wouldn't be exactly fair.
    I think the subscription fee that Sky demand is more than enough,
    and we can expect another price increase soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 topcat33

hi guys if anyone is interested to swop me a rte card for my bbc card please let me no the card i got gets granada itv in the guide but with addind channels it will get all itv regions so if anyone wants to swop please post back thks t/c33

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Originally posted by carrolls
    If we did have to pay for them, it would mean that the people who had FTV cards would also have to pay for the extra channels, and that wouldn't be exactly fair.

That would be a fair statement if we were in the UK, but seeing as we don't pay a licence fee in Britain and therefore aren't entitled to FTV cards it doesn't really hold up. However I agree that if these channels were made available in Ireland through a subscription rise (which I do not agree with), it should be as an extra package and not compulsary.
    I think the subscription fee that Sky demand is more than enough,
    and we can expect another price increase soon.

I agree. We pay more than people in the UK for an inferior service. It's vastly superior to ntl and Chorus's pitiful offerings, but compared to the UK we get a sub-standard service, and pay more.

Glenn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Originally posted by topcat33
    hi guys if anyone is interested to swop me a rte card for my bbc card please let me no the card i got gets granada itv in the guide but with addind channels it will get all itv regions so if anyone wants to swop please post back thks t/c33

ICDG Health Warning
    Remember, you are not swapping like for like....

none of those options suit my opinion-so i didn't vote:(
    We are already paying for BBC1 ni and 2ni without BBCi's extra services which due to rights issues are restricted to the UK.
    I would not pay extra for the commercial channels UTV and c4 and 5 as they could pay for themdselves with ROI advertising.
    E4 are already sneekingly doing that, whilst switching off theBB interactive extra screens for no aparent good reason.

I would not pay extra for BBC Choice/four as they are rubbish/already available(ie bbc4's programme type widely available via the family pack already, whilst choice is virtually all a repeat of BBC1 and 2)

I would pay a little extra for news 24, but only if that included the full BBC i, ie all rights issues sorted.
    mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

but as we irish dont pay a license fee to the U.K i think it would only be fair we paid for the U.k channels on sky.

The UK licence fee only goes to BBC (as ours only goes to RTE). The commercial channels are financed from advertising and, since they are including Irish adds, why should we subsidise them further?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I wouldn't mind Family Pack being €30 (no more) if it included UTV, C4, C5, Choice/Prime, News24/World, and especially Radio 5 Live and talkSport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

Hi Lads

I would pay €10 - €15 for the bbc/itv ftv channels and sky one.

I think if sky offered this package i would expect they would get more subscribers. I would get a sub maybe even a second one.
    ~~~~~~~
    RTE1
    NET2
    TV 3
    TG 4

BBC1
    BBc2
    UTV
    C 4
    C 5

BBC Three
    BBC Four